This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't argue with any of the above; I'm an AK guy, but am just as much an FAL/M1A/G3 guy too (SCAR is too damned expensive) - except that the AKs are cheaper and inexpensive to shoot. I like the ARs just fine, but most (as in M4s) just don't have "soul" like the aforementioned. As for 7.62x51/.308 - now is the time. With Hirt, ZQI, and now SGAmmo has DAG/MEN for ± 50¢ a round, load it up and get ready for the future - which doesn't look too bright. Smart money is on loading up on 7.62 NATO ammo, 5.56 ammo (it's as cheap as it's been in some time), and AR rifles. If you stumble onto an AK deal, by all means grab that. The political future looks pretty grim, and these prices are very, very temporary, I'm afraid.
Will do!

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot everything from your $399 plastic parts kit Anderson Arms AR15 to $5000 competition guns and when it came time to find a battle rifle, I settled on my current build that only cost about $1000 and has everything I could ever want and none of the over priced fancy junk.
AK's are even more even across the board in my opinion. They all basically come with a Tapco trigger and similar strength barrels that will hold up just fine through thousands of rounds and abuse while remaining decently accurate to any type of open land Oklahoma has, the only thing to note is that you'd really want a stamped receiver for long term reliability and mag retention. $500 could get you a decent n-pap and another $500 could get you a decent sporter AR.

I'm over the high priced "regular type" firearms game. But that's just my .02 that nobody asked for :)

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the only thing to note is that you'd really want a stamped receiver for long term reliability and mag retention.

explain this please? Because I couldn't disagree more. Not saying the stamped wouldn't make a fine, long term weapon (which only a fool would claim), but that stamped has more long term reliability than milled.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the market of an AR15 but there was so many options and choices, I would like to have both. I was thinking an Palmetto lower with a Midstate 18inch upper fluted with a fail zero nickel boron bcg, magpul flip up sights and a primary arms 5x scope as for my AR15 build.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a AK guy. I suggest every one go buy a couple of the Zastava AK pistols. They are well made, and at $430ish, hard to beat in price. Only going to go up in price, and if Hillary gets in, they'll sky rocket.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a AK guy. I suggest every one go buy a couple of the Zastava AK pistols. They are well made, and at $430ish, hard to beat in price. Only going to go up in price, and if Hillary gets in, they'll sky rocket.

I'd like to get my hands on a Draco; almost bought one of the Zastava PAP pistols, but backed out. Should still pick one up anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom