Not sure what this guy wanted...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Hey, dude, it AIN'T MONEY I am reaching for."

:(

This is one of the best retorts I have heard. Good eye contact and this statement should get the point across.

Had a skank at I40 walmart try something similar. Eye contact is important, and a firm No I can't help you.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am highly skilled at ignoring panhandlers and scammers.

One day while at lunch at a gas stations at I40 & Meridian this guy approaches me. He comes up politely he is a medium height white male, button up shirt tucked into some shorts with pleats, and deck shoes. He is carrying his cell phone and a gas can. Of course he has a story, something about running out of gas, his daughter didn't fill up the car and she won't answer the phone, do I have a couple of dollars for gas. He was real polite and not aggressive and had a very plausible story.

Well I gave him a couple bucks and went about my business. 5 or so hours later I am leaving work and there is the same guy still carrying his gas can (and now smoking a cigarette) playing the same game down the street.

I didn't feel bad, he put on a good show with a new spin and even had props.

Latest posts

Top Bottom