O/U shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the baikal I've got one, the fit & finish is excellent. Has screw in chokes.
Never had a problem with it at all.

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned and shot nothing but pumps till I was 35. My wife bought me an ou for Christmas one year (I have a great wife) and after using it I sold all my pumps and own nothing but ou's and semi's. Don't have anything at all against pumps I just lost my reflex to operate them. Nuttin like being able to just pull the trigger.

cimarronvalley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stoeger Condor (Brazil) is a good 'plane jane' hunter. I've had mine for over 12 years with no issues. Double triggers and extractors it should be around $400+ from CDNN. Another recommendation would be a Fausti Field (Italy), around $500-$650, depending on where you find it. Both come with screw in choke tubes. Good luck.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im going to go against the grain, and say buy a nice one first. Whie the lower end guns may work fine, they pale in comparison when you pick up and swing a Browning, Beretta, Caesar, or other nicer gun.

I recently decided I wanted an OU, and decided on a Browning. Could not be happier.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Citoris, Franchis, Berettas, Weatherbys, Veronas in 20 and 12 ga both. I have also shot the Yildes, Traditions, and Stoegers. I can't say that I shoot the more expensive ones any better than the cheap ones, but I have a soft spot for "pretty" guns. I hunt with all of them, no safe queens, but I just don't like to look down and see a 2X4 with a pipe on it.
3 points - screw in chokes, ejectors, English stock.
Chokes, no explanation needed. Ejectors, not extractors, if your hunting in the field. Extractors aren't bad if your on the range, but they will make you want to throw your gun away when you can't get shells in for follow up shots when the birds are getting up. The English stock feels much more natural to me than the western. I can shoulder it faster and shoot it more consistently.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ONe of the nicest O/Us I ever saw was a Franchi Veloce in 20 gauge. I loved that gun and hated to get rid of it. But, one of the kids needed some medical attention. I only paid $900.00 for it new. It was beautiful, and shot like a dream!

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom