Obama wants child-proof guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the NYT:
NYT article

As Americans, we hold consumer goods to high standards to keep our families and communities safe. Cars have to meet safety and emissions requirements. Food has to be clean and safe. We will not end the cycle of gun violence until we demand that the gun industry take simple actions to make its products safer as well. If a child can’t open a bottle of aspirin, we should also make sure she can’t pull the trigger of a gun.

What about adults with arthritis or weak hands? He don't care, y'all just quit shuutin' each other.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Show me a kid that can't open a bottle of aspirin. There was a news episode a year or so ago where they gave a bunch of "child proof" medicine bottles to kids and videoed them. 2 year olds were getting them open in a matter of minutes.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pogojet thing is a cool design. But just because something is a neat design does not mean it's effective. I can imagine it's perceived effect could be substantially reduced with only a modest increase in protection from the attacker, and it relies on pain compliance which is hugely variable from person to person.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The pogojet thing is a cool design. But just because something is a neat design does not mean it's effective. I can imagine it's perceived effect could be substantially reduced with only a modest increase in protection from the attacker, and it relies on pain compliance which is hugely variable from person to person.

But, it's like a bee sting. That would stop even the most determined attacker! Because who likes getting a bee sting?

Latest posts

Top Bottom