Obama's reelection hope, is to duplicate this sign..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch the redundant "the" in the sign? I wonder if it's not a Photoshopped image done by someone with reading comprehension issues.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looks like they are just going back to normal

[Broken External Image]

No joke. It's not like Obama isn't an absolute jackass, but seriously - are we blaming him for high gas prices when Bush only lowered them right before election?

Its funny that we also blame Obama for the Bail-outs when Bush essentially handed the bail-out baton to Obama right before leaving office.

Spin Spin Spin!!!!!!

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
No joke. It's not like Obama isn't an absolute jackass, but seriously - are we blaming him for high gas prices when Bush only lowered them right before election?

Its funny that we also blame Obama for the Bail-outs when Bush essentially handed the bail-out baton to Obama right before leaving office.

Spin Spin Spin!!!!!!

I didn't realize Bush signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.. I could have swore that was pushed through by the Democratic led Congress and signed by Obama in February..

Maybe Bush was standing over his shoulder forcing him to sign it. Yeah, that's what it was. :rolleyes2

It's kinda like this.. If you have 1000.00 in the bank and your wife goes out and buys a 25,000.00 car on credit and you respond by going out and buying a 40,000.00 dollar car on credit and 6 months later you file for bankruptcy because you can't afford the payments. Would it be your wife's fault or your fault? Both would be my answer. But the situation may have been salvageable if you hadn't added the extra 40,000.00

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't realize Bush signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.. I could have swore that was pushed through by the Democratic led Congress and signed by Obama in February..

Maybe Bush was standing over his shoulder forcing him to sign it. Yeah, that's what it was. :rolleyes2

It's kinda like this.. If you have 1000.00 in the bank and your wife goes out and buys a 25,000.00 car on credit and you respond by going out and buying a 40,000.00 dollar car on credit and 6 months later you file for bankruptcy because you can't afford the payments. Would it be your wife's fault or your fault? Both would be my answer. But the situation may have been salvageable if you hadn't added the extra 40,000.00

Edit - I just realized you were talking about the Bail-Out. Seriously? You don't remember the 17.2 Billion dollar "loan" (that has yet to be paid back) Bush both championed and used to alter the course our "Free Market" (his words below):

Georg W. Bush said:
If we were to allow the free market to take its course now, it would almost certainly lead to disorderly bankruptcy, In the midst of a financial crisis and a recession, allowing the U.S. auto industry to collapse is not a responsible course of action. The question is how we can best give it a chance to succeed.

That wasn't Obama. Oh, and Bush's Administration's original proposal was for $700 billion.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-09-24/...an-mortgage-related-securities?_s=PM:POLITICS

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16740.html

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Spin Spin Spin!!!!!!

Bush didn't lower jack ****, the economy collapsed and cut way back on demand. Obama does have some blame though for high fuel prices though because he is hell bent on stopping pipelines, not expanding refineries, and reducing drilling operations. Can you imagine what support a candidate would have if he just said, "I'm going to tell the EPA to shove it and we are going to cut all the red tape on more refineries and we are going to build pipelines and drill for oil like a hooker after blow." A guy ballsy enough to speak that frankly would get tremendous support. Oh well, dream on.....

EDIT to add: Also, last time gas prices were this high, oil was at $125-150 a barrel and right now crude is at $90-100 a barrel. That should tell anyone with a brain that refineries need to be expanded and new ones should be built.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seems that the spike in gas prices was due to a couple of hurricanes ( that Bush steered to New Orleans via manipulating the Scaler Waves...sic) and a couple of other refinery "disasters". The price increases were a spike, not set in for the long haul like they have and no doubt will be. An average price of around $3 a gallon is a lot better that the current $3.70 that we're at now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom