Odd Pmag issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have an odd issue here, I own 2 pmags both brand new and ones acting funny. When they are both empthy and bold closed one snaps in fine the other I have to give it a slap to seat it in. I also think the one I have to slap in makes the mag release a tad tighter when ejecting it.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just played with it some and it acts like the feed lips are too tall, bolt drags when I try to close it and if I left the bolt go forward on its own (with out me guiding it with the charging handle) it will force the Pmag out.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We recently had a similar issue as you are describing on a new 300blackout build, and it turned out to be a messed up/jacked up mag release, it would act up on one or two magpuls, but not on other magpuls, brownells, metal GI's, or Tacpco's, but just a couple of the magpuls. Changed out the mag release and all was right with it. I guess you could take a micrometer and measure the feed lips, the notches at the back and the mag itself. Sounds like the mag releases is letting it go in to far. The two magpuls we had issues with, we too had to tap them in to hold, while others would slip in easy.

Yours could very well be the mag, I just east of the base if you want to try some other New Pmags. Your welcome to give em a try, as well as many other mfg of mags that I have.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock thank you for the offer. I think I'm gonna pick up a few more pmags or borrow a couple of my buddies to try. I have been obsessing over this $15 piece of plastic all night. I will say it's not my rifle. When I hold the two pmags I own the one giving me issues is slightly thicker (it doesn't slide in the magwell as well) and the good one has an edge near the lips where the texture has been smoothed where this one has not. I contacted magpul about it just to see their thoughts

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock thank you for the offer. I think I'm gonna pick up a few more pmags or borrow a couple of my buddies to try. I have been obsessing over this $15 piece of plastic all night. I will say it's not my rifle. When I hold the two pmags I own the one giving me issues is slightly thicker (it doesn't slide in the magwell as well) and the good one has an edge near the lips where the texture has been smoothed where this one has not. I contacted magpul about it just to see their thoughts

Might have been a bad one that got away from Magpul. Your more than welcome to try any of mine. I bet Magpul will just send you a new one, they may have you send a photo of the glitch areas you describe.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok some more info here.

I think it's an issue with the fact it's windowed. It's texture is slightly thicker and is textured all the way up to the feed lips. I went to academy to get another window less and looked at all their windowed ones and it does the same stuff. Mag pul said run the bolt to see if it smooths it out. My bolt does hang up on this particular mag and put grooves In the Pmag. Magpul also suggested I hit it with some sand paper and I still have problems.

Here's a picture between the windowless (left) and windowed (right) you can see the windowless has less material up there.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
100 percent a mag issue they sent me a new one and it's slightly larger then the new one and the new one functions 110% better with out havingn to sand on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom