Official: OSA NFA Timeline Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a hiccup with mine … didn’t get submitted until 3/28 via a trust.

May do another and not do the trust. Concern is will that complicate inheritance for my son?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a hiccup with mine … didn’t get submitted until 3/28 via a trust.

May do another and not do the trust. Concern is will that complicate inheritance for my son?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

You can always add it later if need be/you want to leave it to your son, but you're going to have to pay $200 again.

From what I understand the boiler plate trusts (like silencershop's) are getting through faster as they know what to look for upon review. If it's a one off trust, it has to be read and reviewed, so that will take longer.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard the same. Just screwy that you can have 5 first timers walk up to the silencershop kiosk and apply the same day. And get approvals times that several weeks apart.

I had 5 approved at once during the Trump administration when they were experimenting with expediting submissions. Apparently some gun owners got all pissed that they were expediting additional submissions if you already had one in the system and it got shut down. We are our own worst enemy.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 5 approved at once during the Trump administration when they were experimenting with expediting submissions. Apparently some gun owners got all pissed that they were expediting additional submissions if you already had one in the system and it got shut down. We are our own worst enemy.
Lol. I thought about filing another just for the hell of it. If I didn’t have to drive all the way to Tulsa to do it I would have.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can always add it later if need be/you want to leave it to your son, but you're going to have to pay $200 again.

From what I understand the boiler plate trusts (like silencershop's) are getting through faster as they know what to look for upon review. If it's a one off trust, it has to be read and reviewed, so that will take longer.
Thank you sir!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. I thought about filing another just for the hell of it. If I didn’t have to drive all the way to Tulsa to do it I would have.

That's why I did it.... I've been eyeing another .22 can..... got tired of people I knew doing it for the first or second time and it coming back in a week. Two days later I'm like well I want a Sig can for my Sig rifles. Sig and their BS proprietary sheet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom