Oh hell no!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, it finally dawned on me why Rick has health issues, and it wasn't the carpet.

Those poor guys got used for a day's work and all they got was chili with Spam in it.

No, no no. As I said before, Spam does not go in chili. I think you old farts need to check your bifocals. Spam is good for many things, but never chili.

And I feed them goat meat chili. :P

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well @RickN, if that was goat meat, it wasn't the first time I've had it. And it was good chili.

Also, there ain't nothing wrong with Glorious Spam in chili. I've had that too.

And on pizza
And in calazone (Spamazone)
And in macaroni and cheese
And mixed in beans
Etc

Nah, it was beef. I was going to make B&B chili but the wife said no. I have eaten it in stew, in an omelet, on a pizza with pineapple bacon and tomatoes (pretty good) in mac & cheese, in beans and just roasted over a fire.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MEAL, COMBAT, INDIVIDUAL
Ham and Eggs Chopped
B-1A UNIT

I swear the HAM was Spam. Absofreakin no one took the Ham n Eggs Chopped. Even with the little itty-bitty Tabsco bottle.

View attachment 145462

I have eaten those too and the reason no one like them was because the eggs were usually kind of green and smelled like they had already been eater and were being recycled. But yes Spam is just ham.

EDIT: If you really want good Spam and eggs, dice some onion and Spam. Start frying the onion until starting to soften, toss in the Span and fry until it starts getting crisp, stir in beaten eggs and green chilies. When done top with shredded cheese of your choice ( colby jack is my choice) Enjoy.

And guys, you really want nasty? I opened a can of commodity pork for an older friend years ago and I swear they left the hide and hair on it. The smell was horrible. The government cheese on the other hand made an excellent grilled cheese sandwich.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The government cheese on the other hand made an excellent grilled cheese sandwich.

Way back in the day when commodities were given out and I was a kid, the 80+ year old lady next door didn't like cheese so she gave us the 5lb block of cheddar every month. Really good cheese.

Latest posts

Top Bottom