Ohio man critical after fireworks go BOOM inside car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s all fireworks are is small bombs. Shot around $7000 worth off last night, with no incidents. Took 8 hours to wire up for 20 min show.
Agree, but if a black cat fell into a box of even high power fireworks, they would have gone off sequentially as the fuses ignited and not been one big explosion. I may be all wrong, but from the looks of that car, it was massive.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree, but if a black cat fell into a box of even high power fireworks, they would have gone off sequentially as the fuses ignited and not been one big explosion. I may be all wrong, but from the looks of that car, it was massive.
Assuming the fuses were the only things ignited; if sparks fell on thin casings, the shell itself could have been ignited, or the lift charge for large shells (which is typically black powder). Get a couple of small charges, or one good lift charge, ignited, and that could easily produce a chain reaction in the rest of them.

(I used to build fireworks, under the tutelage of my high school chemistry teacher, and in the lab with known reagents and proper safety protocols.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom