OK 3-Gun Championshi - Final Stages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here are the final stages for the OK 3-Gun Championship on October18th at the OKCGC.

The final round count is..

Rifle - 94
Pistol - 54
Shotgun Birdshot - 42
Shotgun Slugs - 16

Mike

Attachments

• Stage1.JPG
    Stage1.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 381
  • Stage2.JPG
    Stage2.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 325
  • Stage3.JPG
    Stage3.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 334
  • Stage4.JPG
    Stage4.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Stage5.JPG
    Stage5.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Stage6.JPG
    Stage6.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 294

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is a pretty wide open question. Chest rigs are not usually a good idea. No slings are required, I would recommend they not be attached as it adds another layer of possible hang ups. As far as magazines, usually a good idea to go with double the amount required for a stage on you when starting the stage. So let's say you are shooting a 9mm that is capable of 15 rounds, I would go to the line with 4 full magazines for a 30 rounds of pistol stage. I would recommend double magazine holders like uncle mikes or fobus. As far as shotgun shells, a lot of us use shell caddies or something that holds them vertically stacked, but anything that will hold shells will work. You will see some folks dawning their best dove hunting vests, and that is ok. For the rifle, bring a couple 30 rounders and you will be squared. Most folks will put a spare rifle magazine in their back pocket. The holster can be any holster that can retaing the pistol while moving. There are no real long stages that you will have to run with a holstered pistol, but no putting the pistol in your pocket! :)

I think that should cover it. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Mike

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a drop leg holster
m&p 40 with 2 mags
chest rig
ar15 with 5 mags
mossberg 12 ga
not exactly perfect but should work I guess.

That pretty much covers it. Thanks.

I'm sure my first time will be a cluster f@ck but will learn a lot for next time!

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as magazines, usually a good idea to go with double the amount required for a stage on you when starting the stage. So let's say you are shooting a 9mm that is capable of 15 rounds, I would go to the line with 4 full magazines for a 30 rounds of pistol stage. I would recommend double magazine holders like uncle mikes or fobus.

I think that should cover it. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Mike

I'm not quite following this here. If the final round count for pistol is 54, why do I need to go to the line with 60 rounds for one stage? Is that a minumum round count or maximum? Do you shoot until you hit what you are shooting at?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not quite following this here. If the final round count for pistol is 54, why do I need to go to the line with 60 rounds for one stage? Is that a minumum round count or maximum? Do you shoot until you hit what you are shooting at?

The safe amount of ammo to have on your belt is the amount it will take to shoot the stage. The ammo in your gun is considered extra just in case the magazine in your gun goes bad on the first shot you can drop the magazine, grab anoher mag, finish the stage and not run out of ammo. I actually carry a little extra than that because I like to miss targets a lot.

For instance on stage 3 there are 7 pistol targets which requires 14 rounds. So the minimum you woudl want to have is 14 in yoru gun and 14 on your belt. If you shoot a gun with less capacity you are going to need 2-3 mags on your belt.

Typically you shoot until you neutralize all of the targets which means 2 anywhere on paper or 1 in the A or B zone, clays broken, steel down. You don't have to netralize everything but it cost you time penalties.

I hope that makes sense.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nicely put Jesse. I always allow for a magazine malfunction or something. You will be safe in most cases with the one in the gun and one on the belt, but you never know when a mag change might get a little wreckless! :)

if you run out of ammo before you engage all of the targets, you could get penalized for failure to engage and failure to nuetralize.

To answer your question though, the round count fo pistol and rifle is based on 2 shots per paper target. If you want to try for one alpha hit only, the round count is half of that for the rifle and pistol count. In my opinion, most targets should be hit twice to ensure it is scored as nuetralized.

Just a thought.

Mike

Latest posts

Top Bottom