OK 3-Gun Championshi - Final Stages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any chance we could get a list and description of the targets behind the abbreveations? I was able to figure out what some of them meant but others left me baffled and Google wasn't much help.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it out but I am trying to swing it.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may need to use someones shotgun. I am looking for one but no luck so far. Also was wondering about scopes and or eotechs? I hav one ar that is setup with a 3-9x40 scope and my other ar is iron sights or an eotech if I can get one bought before the match. Wondering what the rules say. I looked them up and seemed to be a different class for the scope. Wondering if you were offerin that class? I am pretty muh set with everything else except slugs. But I am going ammo hunting today so we'll see what I can scrounge up.

Thanks.

WD

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may need to use someones shotgun. I am looking for one but no luck so far. Also was wondering about scopes and or eotechs? I hav one ar that is setup with a 3-9x40 scope and my other ar is iron sights or an eotech if I can get one bought before the match. Wondering what the rules say. I looked them up and seemed to be a different class for the scope. Wondering if you were offerin that class? I am pretty muh set with everything else except slugs. But I am going ammo hunting today so we'll see what I can scrounge up.

Thanks.

WD

You might waste your time looking for "special" ammo locally. Try ordering some while you still have time. I've used midwayusa.com and ammoman.com. I've heard about "ammo to go" or something like that. BTW there is no known cure for 3-gun virus, so proceed with caution. The spousal unit might be able to beat it into remission, but it always comes back.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Any chance we could get a list and description of the targets behind the abbreveations? I was able to figure out what some of them meant but others left me baffled and Google wasn't much help.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it out but I am trying to swing it.

I will give it a whirl.

FR= Frangible (clay pigeons)
SP= Steel Plates
USP= Smaller of the two Poppers or steel targets that fall when hit
PP= Pepper Popper the larger of the two poppers
Metric and classic are the two types of targets commonly seen in matches. The mini's are actually the air soft version of them which are half size.

Hope that helps

m

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ammunitiontogo.com has great prices on low recoil slugs and such and will get it here before the match. Outdoor America here in OKC also has low recoil Rio Slugs and some of the Academy stores have the Remington low recoil stuff in stock.

As far as the scope question, yes, the 3x9 will put you in tac-optics versus the eotech that we are allowing in tac-iron.

Mike

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks.

WD

No need to buy an Eotech before the match. There will be some Iron Sight shooters there that will show you all to well that you can shoot irons sights faster than any dot type sights out there.
The 3-9 power scope may be a little too much magnification for the short ranges that we will be shooting at this match. The ideal optics for this game are usually 1-4x scopes with illumination.
Personally, I prefer the Trijicon Accupoint TR21 w/1.25-4X24 with the German #4 crosshair with green dot. Although I probably won't be using any magnification for this match other than the 1.25x that is my lowest setting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom