Okay, Here's The Situation (Catfish and South Africa Related)...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have family coming to visit me from South Africa in a couple of weeks... They never have had Catfish and they've never been to the states and I want to take them to some southern fried catfish joint because I love it but haven't had any in a while. I used to go to that place way South on Memorial but it's long-gone I think. That was 10 to 15 years ago.

Okay, name me some fried catfish places!

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i aint shittin ya. chicken express catish dinner is the best ive had since the old "all you can eat" catfish joint down by thunderbird turned into Bubbas Smoke Pit. I aint knockin Bubba Smoke Pit..im never ate there...but im willing to bet aint no makes catfish and hushpuppies the the old cafe did.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your backyard.

This. You must give them the true Oklahoma experience. From an earlier post of mine in a thread about dead things on fences:

I also like the flatheads on t-posts. Now I think it's way trashy and redneckish and I would never do it...but again it's part of Oklahoma's charm to be driving down a country road in July or August and see rows of giant, shriveled up fish heads staring skyward for eternity. Brings to mind a bunch of fat, shirtless dudes with rebel flag tattoos drunk on cheap beer and frying fish next to a Trans Am with Skynyrd on the 8 track. In other words, it feels like home.

I bolded the parts you need to make happen. I own a mullet wig (I really do) if you need me as an "extra".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Catfish...:puke: Right up there with getting eated and long shelf life fruit cake.

Why in gods name would you make eating common, nasty-ass, trash fish one of their first experiences in the USA?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catfish...:puke: Right up there with getting eated and long shelf life fruit cake.

Why in gods name would you make eating common, nasty-ass, trash fish one of their first experiences in the USA?

Trash fish?!? I'll have you know the Flathead Catfish is no scavenger, and is about the best tasting freshwater fish on the planet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom