Doctors can really tick you off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We aren't limited to just hospitalists that you talk to. Let's stay on track here instead of moving the goalposts too. Do doctors get compensation for writing scripts? Yes. It's been proven. Let's also not be obtuse and be shocked that they don't admit it too LOL.

Gifts, Travel, food, fees...... it's all happening. This stuff is legal, but it is what it is..... incentive based compensation.
Again, I replied to a post about docs getting “kickbacks” from pharma for writing 3 scripts. “Kickbacks”are illegal. I’m in a group chat with a few docs. Some are hospitalists & some are private practice. They laughed & said where do I get my cash kickback?
Thats pretty much it. Now, you can go into a different discussion about how pharma legally compensates docs for speaking, etc. But that’s not what I was replying to.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, I replied to a post about docs getting “kickbacks” from pharma for writing 3 scripts. “Kickbacks”are illegal. I’m in a group chat with a few docs. Some are hospitalists & some are private practice. They laughed & said where do I get my cash kickback?
Thats pretty much it. Now, you can go into a different discussion about how pharma legally compensates docs for speaking, etc. But that’s not what I was replying to.

You have a way of being obtuse that is pretty impressive. I will help you out here though..... I don't care about your group chat lol. The plural of anecdote doesn't constitute a fact. Especially one with no reference.

To help you out again.....you said this....

"How do the docs get kickbacks from pharma, cash or check?"

I then answered your question. You just don't like the answer.

Now if you TRULY don't understand that doctors are compensated for writing scripts, then ok..... admit as such. Legal or illegal it doesn't matter, because it happens. "Kickbacks" come in several forms and the links I have provided proof of that.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a way of being obtuse that is pretty impressive. I will help you out here though..... I don't care about your group chat lol. The plural of anecdote doesn't constitute a fact. Especially one with no reference.

To help you out again.....you said this....

"How do the docs get kickbacks from pharma, cash or check?"

I then answered your question. You just don't like the answer.

Now if you TRULY don't understand that doctors are compensated for writing scripts, then ok..... admit as such. Legal or illegal it doesn't matter, because it happens. "Kickbacks" come in several forms and the links I have provided prove that.
Bless your heart. I’ll try to help you out again. I understand pharma pays docs. But Federal law prevents doctors from receiving $$ for prescribing a specific drug. That’s an illegal kickback. That’s what I was referencing in my post.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bless your heart. I’ll try to help you out again. I understand pharma pays docs. But Federal law prevents doctors from receiving $$ for prescribing a specific drug. That’s an illegal kickback. That’s what I was referencing in my post.

Oh sweet summer child (as GTG says)...... I just showed you how they get around the law lol. Dunning-Kruger in full effect here eh?

We all know a direct payment or commission is illegal, however whether you like it or not, no matter who you say you talked to via convenient anecdotes......Pharma gives incentives to doctors for writing scripts. Which is the same exact thing as paying them with cash. Well..... they pay them cash, but they say it's for another reason. "Continuing Education" :D

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh sweet summer child (as GTG says)...... I just showed you how they get around the law lol. Dunning-Kruger in full effect here eh?

We all know a direct payment or commission is illegal, however whether you like it or not, no matter who you say you talked to via convenient anecdotes......Pharma gives incentives to doctors for writing scripts. Which is the same exact thing as paying them with cash. Well..... they pay them cash, but they say it's for another reason. "Continuing Education" :D
I thought everyone knew this. I think they also get paid for trips to seminars and conventions and gifts and favors there. I used to know a lady that was a pharm rep and they end up real cozy with the docs. It's just a business like anything else. I don't think any doc is just going to come out and say they get paid. Might not even see it that way

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No joke. It's almost like the patients are paying them for services or something. Expectations...good grief. And some even complain about waiting room times - like their time is worth something. Sheeesh.
Yea and doctors freak out when you get up from the waiting room and walk out. I have done it a few times and they are not happy when you do it. I have had a couple catch me as I was walking out the door and wonder why. I tell them 30 minutes is my limit since they do not pay me for my time. I think 10% off for every 10 minutes past the appointment time is fair.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro tip:

If you want your appointment to be on time try to get the first.one of the day, the earlier the better. As the day goes on there will be more emergencies, people showing up late, and people making appointments longer due to arguing etc. The later in the day you schedule, the later your appointment is gonna be.

Or alternatively make an appointment after rick, then you can get his spot when he walks out.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea and doctors freak out when you get up from the waiting room and walk out. I have done it a few times and they are not happy when you do it. I have had a couple catch me as I was walking out the door and wonder why. I tell them 30 minutes is my limit since they do not pay me for my time. I think 10% off for every 10 minutes past the appointment time is fair.
LOL - my dentist (who I've known for decades and like quite well) has a sign in the waiting room: "patients that are more than 10 minutes late will have appointment cancelled".

So...one day I sat there for about 12 minutes, got up and left. They called me shortly thereafter - I explained to them that that rule works both ways.

It's really not asking too much for someone to respect your time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom