Oklahoma City Animal Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
id rather them be late then have me arrested. Kinda off topic but i will tell the story anyway. My friend has 2 miniature pinscher and recently they got out from his back yard. His neighbor across the street saw them outside and picked them up and brought them into his house. A animal control guy arrived on the seen as the dogs were being picked up and told Mr. Peterson to drop the dogs. Mr. Peterson said something along the lines of "Oh no its ok these are my neighbors dogs" and pointed to the fence across the street that was obviously open. The animal control guy said to drop them or be given a ticket for ALLOT of money. Mr. Peterson didnt comply and had to go to court where they tried putting him in jail for a while. Mr. Peterson is around the age of 70 plus or minus five years and almost went to jail for doing a kind deed.

SABOT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OKCAC sure isn't like what you see on Animal Planet. Those people seem to care.

@ItsOnlyMoney - Call the Police. That's what it took to get AC out after I was bitten a few years back.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AC is very short handed and you can't think they are manned like okcpd. They have to put calls in priority. If you are safe in your house then that goes below a dog biting kids at a park for instance. It's not that they don't care, they can only do what they can. You would be surprised how few AC officers there is for a city this big.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call the polce about a vicious dog that attempted to attack you. That is what my neighbor behind me did when a panel brokebetween our yards.... Ac was tring to get them so they could lck em up and charge me for doing so. Even though the animal cntrol officer was scratching my great Dane on it's head as they were telling me this on the phone.... Real vicious huh......
--Mech
call the cops, they can and will put them down if they attack them....

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AC is very short handed and you can't think they are manned like okcpd. They have to put calls in priority. If you are safe in your house then that goes below a dog biting kids at a park for instance. It's not that they don't care, they can only do what they can. You would be surprised how few AC officers there is for a city this big.

This, as far as actual enforcement officers, its something like 6 or 7 officers. Trust me, they feel your pain and are overwhelmed. Most are working mandatory overtime to try and keep up the best they can.

ItsOnlyMoney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get the short-handed thing. I know that most city agencies are under staffed. However, I called at 9:30 am, and at 11:15 am, my oldest son left his home to go to work, and called to say the AC truck was sitting in the 7-11 parking lot a mile from my house. I thought I should see them shortly. It's 3:08 pm & still no contact.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of douche bag responses in this thread.

How about you be a good person and neighborly by giving your neighbor a call. I am sure he will take care of it way before it becomes a problem.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get the short-handed thing. I know that most city agencies are under staffed. However, I called at 9:30 am, and at 11:15 am, my oldest son left his home to go to work, and called to say the AC truck was sitting in the 7-11 parking lot a mile from my house. I thought I should see them shortly. It's 3:08 pm & still no contact.

You cant expect them to chug those ICEE drinks! Brain freezes are no bueno.

Sorry, not meaning to poke fun at your situation. It sucks and I genuinely feel for you. But please, no matter how bad an animal is, dont resort to killing it using ethylene glycol(antifreeze). That is a horrible death.

ItsOnlyMoney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would never poison someone's animals. My neighbor is not a friendly person. I've seen him be verbally abusive to neighborhood kids. He made his dogs mean intentionally - He's a jack a**, but I still wouldn't poison his dogs. I love animals, and that is a horrible death.

Latest posts

Top Bottom