Oklahoma City mental health counselor, is accused of Medicaid fraud for second time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[An Oklahoma City mental health counselor is accused of cheating taxpayers out of $34,000 while already on probation for Medicaid fraud.
Vickie Rhea Yearwood The 53-year-old is accused of submitting false claims to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority in November.

The therapist, Vickie Rhea Yearwood, 53, is accused in her newest Medicaid fraud case of submitting false claims to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority in October, November and December.

Yearwood pleaded guilty a year ago to a felony Medicaid fraud charge. An Oklahoma County judge put her on probation for five years. She paid almost $8,000 in restitution and other costs on the 2010 case.

Prosecutors reported her excuse for committing fraud in the first case was her own mounting health costs. An investigator for the attorney general reported she claimed to have more than $20,000 in medical expenses from an illness and that treatments cost $3,000 each.

Prosecutors said they discovered more wrongdoing last November when Yearwood asked the judge to end her probation early and dismiss the case so she could continue being a therapist...]

http://newsok.com/vickie-rhea-yearw...edicaid-fraud-for-second-time/article/3663930

Any possible contradiction in the story? How was she committing fraud in cases being a therapist if she needed her probation ended and case dismissed to be a therapist?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Needs a revamp. One of our Professors works for an agency that provides services for sexually abused children. As part of the class we took a tour of the facility and attended a meeting with all who worked there. Some very strong and compassionate folks there to say the least. Can't say the same bout DHS and the red tape. I do know that DHS does have some quality people, but the turnover rate is very high.

About the one in OKC and the fraud. Why the hell was her license not pulled?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do know that DHS does have some quality people,

About the one in OKC and the fraud. Why the hell was her license not pulled?

"Quality people", that explains the scandals, arrest, and abuse/deaths in care.

As for how the therapist in OKC was "operating", she filed in her criminal case to get her probation dropped and case dismissed to practice again, yet she was doing state work,(contractor or working for one?). There have been a lot of contractor "issues" in the Juvenile System for a while now.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sad SOME, as in a few quality people, not all. I don't feel sorry for DHS at all, but I have gained more insight to the agency than what I had before. As for the OKC quack, the state should have pulled her license the first time for unethical behavior/fraud. The same ones that should have been on top of the whole DHS mess for the last 40+ years.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm betting her license was pulled and that's why she went to court, there are things you can do working for the state or a contractor without a license that you can't do privately without one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom