Oklahoma Deer Harvest Below 90,000.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The population is really down in some areas due to the last few years of drought. (This is backed up by spot light surveys of fawn recruitment)

The weather during the weekends of rifle season (most popular season) was pretty bad as well. This limited number of hunters in the field. (Weather could be verified on Mesonet)

It is not the first year for online check in. Doubtful that has been the cause of a significant decrease in check ins.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget to add in it becoming ever more difficult for people to have places to hunt, and people that are giving up on public land. I would think that would be a percentage of some of it, may be a small one, but a factor none the less.

I personally would love to get back to hunting, but lease prices are stupid, and while it may be for very good reasons, landowners just don't open up their land to people like they did where I'm from.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The population is really down in some areas due to the last few years of drought. (This is backed up by spot light surveys of fawn recruitment)

The weather during the weekends of rifle season (most popular season) was pretty bad as well. This limited number of hunters in the field. (Weather could be verified on Mesonet)

It is not the first year for online check in. Doubtful that has been the cause of a significant decrease in check ins.

My post on online was made in gest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom