Oklahoma Judge Orders Wind Turbines Removed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the windmills are in the “We don’t know what we don’t know” zone. As far a impact goes.

It sounds like this company ran in to a situation they thought they understood.

I wonder if the yankee goobermunt will step in since this is a favored industry.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the windmills are in the “We don’t know what we don’t know” zone. As far a impact goes.

It sounds like this company ran in to a situation they thought they understood.

I wonder if the yankee goobermunt will step in since this is a favored industry.
They are still subsidizing them. Without the subsidies from the government, every wind farm turbine would come to a screeching halt and be monuments on the prairie as the greatest boondoggle any government ever pushed through.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Mayflower, AR, they had a major pipeline rupture in 2013, the folks there haven't been too impressed.
I'm not defending windmills, just trying to show that the oil spills have a tremendous impact, and the oil companies have to be pressed hard to make things right.
It would be interesting to see how right things are today.

It looks like the bulk of the spill was recovered.

FYI every clean up I’ve been involved in we recovered a greater amount than the spill, if there was any water around.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are still subsidizing them. Without the subsidies from the government, every wind farm turbine would come to a screeching halt and be monuments on the prairie as the greatest boondoggle any government ever pushed
you do realize the government subsidies every power generation company out there right. hell the hole grid will fail without the government paying for some of it.

they will not run some power generator plants do to the amount it cast to run them tell they have to. like hydro power plants. Small amount of out put with the least amount of cash return. They are loosing money with some of them. but bring back gas, coal, oil ran plants. How do you get power from them. I forgot large amounts of water. Heat it up and turn it to steam. Then everyone will bitching they are ****ing up are lakes for fishing.

hardly anyone on here wouldn’t be able to afford to pay there power with out the help of the government or some sort of plain to help pay the bill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you do realize the government subsidies every power generation company out there right. hell the hole grid will fail without the government paying for some of it.

they will not run some power generator plants do to the amount it cast to run them tell they have to. like hydro power plants. Small amount of out put with the least amount of cash return. They are loosing money with some of them. but bring back gas, coal, oil ran plants. How do you get power from them. I forgot large amounts of water. Heat it up and turn it to steam. Then everyone will bitching they are ****ing up are lakes for fishing.

hardly anyone on here wouldn’t be able to afford to pay there power with out the help of the government or some sort of plain to help pay the bill.
LOL, I retired from OG&E Sooner Power coal fired power plant. Not one government dime was spent when unit 1 was commissioned in 1971 and Unit 2 was commissioned in 1973.
The rate payers paid for it. Oklahoma energy is regulated by the Oklahoma Corporation commission.
Rates and regulations have to go through them first.
In 2002 and 2004 Four of us along with a project manager totally rebuilt the control system that runs that plant. Wire bundles a foot thick were cut and fiber optic ran over 100,000 data points were checked and verified. Software serial numbers 0001 and 0002. We helped develop the newest software in the world. It was a collaboration between ABB and OG&E.
Not one government dime was spent during those two upgrades. The rate payers paid for it to make the units more efficient and economical.
In contrast, the government has cost the rate payers in Oklahoma hundreds of millions of dollars by trying to restrict emissions from the plant and others like it around the country.
Around 2010 obummer said mercury was the issue in emissions. Gotta shut these plants down.
Appointed a Mercury Czar that somehow was kinda related to him to start the process of shutting down coal plants because of mercury emissions.
OG&E spent around 10 million dollars of the rate payers money, not the governments to install a mercury emissions testing lab on site on two of our 500' tall stacks. The EPA monitored and checked our results. I was also part of that team. The stack part. I hated going up there in the middle of the night or anytime for that matter, but it was the job.
After over a year of testing, it was determined that the amount of mercury coming out of those stacks which is naturally occurring in the earth was so low that most of the time the controls that measured as low as 1 part per billion didn't register anything.
Once again, the rate payer lost that money. No money came from government.
2014, obummer once again was going to shut down coal fired power plants to regulate particulates into the atmosphere. Gotta be causing global warming?
Once again OG&E stepped up at the cost of the rate payer to install scrubbers at the plant. I retired at the start of construction. I'd had enough of 90 hour work weeks and no days off for months.
In contrast, the wind farms could not have been built without government assistance.
We monitored every wind farm in Oklahoma from our control room. It was amazing how in-efficient they were. Wind doesn't blow, there is no power. Mechanical problems are rampant with the towers going offline all the time. Most got derated from their advertised peak power producing capacity to about 60% of that in reality.

Now, I will agree with some of your comments. OG&E did accept government assistance to install smart meters around their service areas. It appeared to be a smart move to save money for the tax payers and investors as the teams of meter readers were phased out.
What I don't agree with is that they can be remotely shut off. The government owns the internet basically and in the future will have the ability to control your power for "global warming".

I could probably fill the bandwidth of OSA talking about the things the Oklahoma Coporation Commission has done that is good, and sometimes very bad for the rate payers in Oklahoma.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how right things are today.

It looks like the bulk of the spill was recovered.

FYI every clean up I’ve been involved in we recovered a greater amount than the spill, if there was any water around.
Agree. Years ago one of the pump jacks along our driveway lost the pump gland. Every time the pump went up, crude started spraying everywhere. Put on some hip boots and shut the breaker off that controlled the pump motor, then called the number on the plate. It belonged to Texaco. In 24 hours, they removed 12" of topsoil where the crude was laying, brought in clean dirt and sod. Looked like nothing ever happened.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree. Years ago one of the pump jacks along our driveway lost the pump gland. Every time the pump went up, crude started spraying everywhere. Put on some hip boots and shut the breaker off that controlled the pump motor, then called the number on the plate. It belonged to Texaco. In 24 hours, they removed 12" of topsoil where the crude was laying, brought in clean dirt and sod. Looked like nothing ever happened.
My ***** was that the government have there hands in everything with some kind of control. Behave me I know how reliable wind is and it shouldn’t be the only form of power source. Plus people ***** about wind and others ***** about oil coal and gas. Even with all kind of conspiracy theories that one kills something or global warming. I work closely with the tower manufacturer, companies that build and contractors that put them up. I get the real story and know what’s going on. Most of there companies that build wind farms have hydro, coal, oil, gas, and even nuclear powered plants.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wind farms cannot be built until someone purchases the potential power. OSU and OU's windfarms are West of Blackwell and some West of the Halliburton Ranch in Western Ok.
We have been under contract for several years to have potential wind towers on some of our farms with a retainer paid every year. This year, they cannot find anyone to purchase the "green power" and have abandoned plans to build the wind farm.
I'm Ok with that.
Why would anyone in their right mind choose to pay more per Kwh for "wind" when the lines that come into your home are not even connected to the "wind"?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I retired from OG&E Sooner Power coal fired power plant. Not one government dime was spent when unit 1 was commissioned in 1971 and Unit 2 was commissioned in 1973.
The rate payers paid for it. Oklahoma energy is regulated by the Oklahoma Corporation commission.
Rates and regulations have to go through them first.
In 2002 and 2004 Four of us along with a project manager totally rebuilt the control system that runs that plant. Wire bundles a foot thick were cut and fiber optic ran over 100,000 data points were checked and verified. Software serial numbers 0001 and 0002. We helped develop the newest software in the world. It was a collaboration between ABB and OG&E.
Not one government dime was spent during those two upgrades. The rate payers paid for it to make the units more efficient and economical.
In contrast, the government has cost the rate payers in Oklahoma hundreds of millions of dollars by trying to restrict emissions from the plant and others like it around the country.
Around 2010 obummer said mercury was the issue in emissions. Gotta shut these plants down.
Appointed a Mercury Czar that somehow was kinda related to him to start the process of shutting down coal plants because of mercury emissions.
OG&E spent around 10 million dollars of the rate payers money, not the governments to install a mercury emissions testing lab on site on two of our 500' tall stacks. The EPA monitored and checked our results. I was also part of that team. The stack part. I hated going up there in the middle of the night or anytime for that matter, but it was the job.
After over a year of testing, it was determined that the amount of mercury coming out of those stacks which is naturally occurring in the earth was so low that most of the time the controls that measured as low as 1 part per billion didn't register anything.
Once again, the rate payer lost that money. No money came from government.
2014, obummer once again was going to shut down coal fired power plants to regulate particulates into the atmosphere. Gotta be causing global warming?
Once again OG&E stepped up at the cost of the rate payer to install scrubbers at the plant. I retired at the start of construction. I'd had enough of 90 hour work weeks and no days off for months.
In contrast, the wind farms could not have been built without government assistance.
We monitored every wind farm in Oklahoma from our control room. It was amazing how in-efficient they were. Wind doesn't blow, there is no power. Mechanical problems are rampant with the towers going offline all the time. Most got derated from their advertised peak power producing capacity to about 60% of that in reality.

Now, I will agree with some of your comments. OG&E did accept government assistance to install smart meters around their service areas. It appeared to be a smart move to save money for the tax payers and investors as the teams of meter readers were phased out.
What I don't agree with is that they can be remotely shut off. The government owns the internet basically and in the future will have the ability to control your power for "global warming".

I could probably fill the bandwidth of OSA talking about the things the Oklahoma Coporation Commission has done that is good, and sometimes very bad for the rate payers in Oklahoma.
I sincerely hope all that fiber is protected with rigid conduit from point A to point B. I also hope strict protocols for pulling any additional cabling are in place where the fiber is not protected.

Ask me how I know.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ***** was that the government have there hands in everything with some kind of control. Behave me I know how reliable wind is and it shouldn’t be the only form of power source. Plus people ***** about wind and others ***** about oil coal and gas. Even with all kind of conspiracy theories that one kills something or global warming. I work closely with the tower manufacturer, companies that build and contractors that put them up. I get the real story and know what’s going on. Most of there companies that build wind farms have hydro, coal, oil, gas, and even nuclear powered plants.
Then tell us what happens to the carbon fiber blades once they're no longer serviceable?

Latest posts

Top Bottom