Oklahoma Senate panel approves open-carry bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was interesting to watch Reyolds discussing his "fear of Bodily harm" ammendment. It is unfortunate that it was written so poorly because the way he explained it, he basically wanted constitutional carry.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was interesting to watch Reyolds discussing his "fear of Bodily harm" ammendment. It is unfortunate that it was written so poorly because the way he explained it, he basically wanted constitutional carry.
I agree it sounded good when he spoke about it be our 2A right under the Constitution .

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm upset with my Rep. (Marian Cooksey - R from Edmond). She was one of the 9 that voted against HB 2522. I had sent an email yesterday asking for her support and talked with her assistant this morning before the vote. After her vote I sent an email regarding re-evaluating my support for her, my surprise that she voted with the small minority, and a request for her to explain her opposition to the bill. I'm anxious to see her response.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless some judge is willing to toss out Oklahoma's preemption laws the only thing OML will accomplish is to waste a bunch of money pursuing a suit lost before it is even brought.

OML has worked against the People of Oklahoma for years
I wish more people would look at some of the lobby groups that run growth away and keep funeral directors and florist running most small Oklahoma cities.
If your water plant sucks and your public works is stuck in the 50's thank OML

A

av8r115

No kidding. He spoke fairly well about our second amendment rights, so it seems really odd that his amendment was so poorly written.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding. He spoke fairly well about our second amendment rights, so it seems really odd that his amendment was so poorly written.

When I read his ammendment, I thought it was a HUGE limit to open carry. Obviously not his intent, but he should have written a better ammendment.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pak-40
It was interesting to watch Reyolds discussing his "fear of Bodily harm" amendment. It is unfortunate that it was written so poorly because the way he explained it, he basically wanted constitutional carry.
I believe that if his amendment had been approves it would have killed any chance of the present bill passing. If he is sincere about Constitutional carry he should help pass this bill and then later try to pass true Constitutional carry legislation.

Michael

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little overly concerned about the retention issue, but it really chaps my hide to think I will be severely limited in the types of "open carry" I would be allowed to utilize.
You are spot-on. I'm glad it got denied.
If I ever open carry, i would use a retention holster, of course. I just don't need some bureaucrat telling me what I can and can't use!
:yelclap:

Last edited:

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that if his amendment had been approves it would have killed any chance of the present bill passing. If he is sincere about Constitutional carry he should help pass this bill and then later try to pass true Constitutional carry legislation.

Michael

Martin handled it really well and the ammendment was tabled very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom