Old Horror flix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite Dracula movie [wonderful memories] was the early '80s version with Frank Langella. (My wife - then fiance - considered Langella "HOT". That, combined with the high-quality 'scariness' of the production, resulted in her groping me --- er, no, no, I mean, uh, climbing all over me! yeah, that's what I mean!!! --- in the dark theater. Oh, never mind! Story for another time...) :bah:

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the wider screen experience, Fathom Events is running a couple of double features this month in some local theaters. It's celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Universal Monsters releases. On the 2nd, I caught Dracula and Frankenstein. Oct 30, they have The Wolfman and The Invisible Man.
Also, tonight they have the 40th anniversary showing of The Evil Dead.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Exorcist was one of my all time favorites. I also liked the original Amityville Horror, Halloween and Paranormal Activity. Things moving about all by themselves freak me out, but damn, how I love it! :w000t:
"The Exorcist" is the only movie that ever scared me, maybe not scared but uneasy. I watched it in the theater the first week it came out. I didn't want to admit that it scared me, especially to my friends that were with me, it turns out the movie scared them too. I remember that it was a quiet car ride home. Here we are now almost 50 years later and it still bothers me some.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Earth VS the Flying Saucers is on Crackle, The Prophecy with Christopher Walken,

This is not from a horror flick but it is the best scene in any movie ever made I feel.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although not classics, I do like two films of John Carpenter's that are not mentioned here. The first is "Prince of Darkness" which is pretty good if you can make it through the incessant opening credits interspersed throughout the opening scenes. "They Live" came out in the same year and kind of reminds me what is occurring today. The one movie that creeped my kids out the most though (in late high school at the time) was "Event Horizon." The original TV broadcast of "Salem's Lot" was awesome if you like vampire flicks.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most frightened I have ever been by a movie scene was the Wicked Witch of the West telling Dorothy "I'll get you my pretty" in The Wizard of Oz. My mom told me I ran out of the theater and into the street where the local motorcycle cop took me back to the sidewalk and that I refused to go back inside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom