Old Okc Restaurants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were they open after the murders took place? I barely remember the place , don't know if I ever are there.

After the murders, the building reopened as a Sizzling Sirloin. It struggled and ended up closing. Eventually it was remodeled and opened up as a Longneckers. It had a pretty good run, but eventually closed. After the building sat empty for several years, they just demolished it. The concrete pad was the only thing that remained.

In 1995, on the night of Roger Dale Stafford's execution, I parked next to the pad and lit up a cigar. At that point, I knew my cigar was going to last longer than Stafford ...

Last edited:

jstndrfr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the murders, the building reopened as a Sizzling Sirloin. It struggled and ended up closing. Eventually it was remodeled and opened up as a Longneckers. It had a pretty good run, but eventually closed. After the building sat empty for several years, they just demolished it. The concrete pad was the only thing that remained.

In 1995, on the night of Roger Dale Stafford's execution, I parked next to the pad and lit up a cigar. At that point, I knew my cigar was going to last longer than Stafford ...

I remember the Longneckers opening up in the old Sirloin Stockade. I think a Fuddruckers opened up a mile east on Western about the same time and people went to FR instead of LN.

jstndrfr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone remember the Underwoods BBQ on SW 59th between penn and western, they had great chopped brisket and the pinto beans were great.

30 years ago there was a La Roca in Moore off of broadway and about main st. It later changed to Gilbertos, thats when there was just a few rest. in Moore.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How about Cajun's Wharf!

Live music by Maya, and pretty good eats as I recall.

I also remember an all you can eat steak joint on I-35 between S. E. 29th and S.E. 44th on the West side access road. We used to put the hurt on them 30+ years ago.

Sent from my Obamaphone using Tapatalk2

Tripper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also remember an all you can eat steak joint on I-35 between S. E. 29th and S.E. 44th on the West side access road. We used to put the hurt on them 30+ years ago.

Sent from my Obamaphone using Tapatalk2

I worked there when I was a kid, i forget name of it now, walking home after work late at night I would stop at the gas station (the green dinosaur) other side of highway and use my tip quarters to play Galaga or space invaders

Ahh, cattle rustlers was the name of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom