Old stereo stack systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About a grand a piece last time I looked.
There is a reason why - I bought them forty something years ago and they still sound wonderful. I did add a powered JBL sub a couple of years ago just to get a little extra bass.
A good friend when I went to OSU in the early 70s (74-76) had a pair of those with the orange foam covers. Man we used to crank them up.They are great speakers.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last system though it changed a bit from the photo. Technics SP 10 Mk II table and all point to point wired tube phono, preamp, and amps. Not a transistor in the chain, no CD player. The bass bins are 7' long for reference. We won the 2014 Capital Audio Fest in Rockville Md. For anyone interested there is the Southwest Audio show in Dallas this month.
Ubangis.jpg

Last edited:

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pioneer reciever and an Akai reel to reel somewhere up in the attic. No clue if they even work anymore.
When y'all break this stuff out of the attic's be sure to bring the power up slowly on a variac so you dont hit the old dry cap's with a lot of voltage too quickly. that can damage them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom