Old stereo stack systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murder

Marksman
Reaction score
My Marantz 4400 has been sitting in a closet for decades - needs to be recapped. 4 of my 6 JBL speakers (2x 4311 and 2x L100) are still in use and still sound great.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Notice the 'George Jetson' directional antenna. The multi-disc CD player can be yours for $25.00.
Speakers are Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL.
1708962827968.jpeg

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We started listening to our old Sony stack stereo system (1990's?). Sony has stereo receiver, cassette, CD player carousel, turntable in a cabinet.
Turn off the boob tube and is relaxing.
Music is very healing!!
Getting outside in this beautiful weather is also.

Does anyone have an old Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha or Marantz system?? Regret selling my Marantz. Now looks to be mainly bookshelf stereos, no big speakers 🤣
Amen!

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older Denon system but the c/d player doesn't work. I get distortion and no music. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20240226_104603.jpg
    20240226_104603.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have some of my old Carver system that ran my Klipsch speakers in the barracks.
ADC graphic equalizer with pink noise generator.

Always wanted a Nakamichi Dragon but never had the right money at the right time (LBFM’s will do that to a guy…)

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older Denon system but the c/d player doesn't work. I get distortion and no music. Any ideas?
That 'Level' control in the lower right corner of the CD player is a volume for running the player directly to an AMP. Bypassing a preamp if desired. Nice feature of the Denons of that era. And the remotes operate it.
I've had quite a few CD players and the Denons beat everything. Burr-Brown dacs.
The belts seem to go bad often though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom