Olive Garden: Presence of the American flag disrupts the dining experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Krebbs has a few good Italian restaurants as well as an Italian market, (Little Italy in Muskogee used to be the $#!+ before they changed hands to the new owners). Il Vecchio's in Owasso was friggin awesome (it was run by an Italian immigrant I believe) and there's a mom/pop place on 51st street (in the Farm Shopping center I think) that's supposed to be pretty good - I have yet to make it in there though.
I use to eat at Gia Como's. It was pretty good. Pete's was also good, but the home brew was not. I had to drink water. That has been along time ago.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a business should change its policies to accommodate certain guests' desires?

Not in the slightest. The business should also be prepared to face the consequences of their policies (or misunderstanding of policies) by losing customers. It also appears that OG is issuing apology for the restaurant's actions.

From Olive Garden's Website.
We do not have a policy at Olive Garden concerning bringing the American flag into our restaurants. Some members of our team were misinformed about company policy by our corporate office. As a company we take responsibility for that and we regret it. We take pride in how we communicate to our restaurants and we are correcting this so it doesn't happen again.

If I invite you over for a beer, will you not enter my front porch unless it has an American flag flying over it?

Of course I would, that would be ridiculous otherwise. If you were trying to make an analogy relevant to this story, i'd say you did a pretty poor job. Did you read the story or just trying to be argumentative? People are not mad because they booked an event and OG didn't have a flag flying. hey are mad because she booked an event and was not allowed to bring her own flag and banner. See the difference? If you invited me to come over for a beer and I showed up wearing an American Flag on my hat and you asked me to not enter until I removed it, yea I would not enter.

You advocate trespassing upon the property rights of others "in the name of the Constitution"?

Was that a hypothetical accusation in the form of a question? What does any of that mean?

Latest posts

Top Bottom