One of my bosses just asked me to procure 200 "No Guns Allowed" signs for our stores.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have no issue with the OP's owner wanting to ban firearms from his place of business. The business is his and it's his right to do so. I just want to know the name of the business so I don't give him my money. It'll save me time and fuel by not going there in the first place if I know he doesn't allow guns in his facility. It's also a matter of situational awareness by not putting myself in a location that may become a potential target.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OP may have no choice but to use the "gunbuster" sign (or some variant) and those of us who carry will have to make a choice about spending our money there.

Indeed. If he makes an attempt to reason with them, and fails. Then the business should fail to secure our business. I was just commenting on the knee-jerk reaction before the signs even went up.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
200 signs indicates a large business with a lot of stores, such as a convenience store chain. Just speculation, not any facts at all.

I hope management will come to their senses and not post the signs. I would bet they won't allow any exceptions to the rule, since the only guns they will be barring will be the ones legally carried by CCL holders. Anyone else will simply ignore the sign.

It really puts Silver into a difficult position with his job.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No businesses that are posted receive a dime from me. It'll remain that way too. I'd love to see businesses become liable for their customers' safety if they post signs.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No businesses that are posted receive a dime from me. It'll remain that way too. I'd love to see businesses become liable for their customers' safety if they post signs.

First part, yes.

But I don't agree that a business should be liable for my safety if they post signs prohibiting me to carry inside. IMNHO, they posted a sign, which means I have been notified of the conditions that I then voluntarily submit myself to by walking in the door.

Don't like it, don't go in....there is hardly a business in town that doesn't have an alternative, either at another physical location or online.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First part, yes.

But I don't agree that a business should be liable for my safety if they post signs prohibiting me to carry inside. IMNHO, they posted a sign, which means I have been notified of the conditions that I then voluntarily submit myself to by walking in the door.

Don't like it, don't go in....there is hardly a business in town that doesn't have an alternative, either at another physical location or online.

I understand that, but it would serve as a wake-up call to business owners who are posting. They obviously don't understand that posting does NOT prevent crime, and in fact is only going to encourage it. Get the signs down. Unless of course they enjoy being targets. Just my .02 cents.

A bank posting a "NO ROBBERIES ALLOWED" sign isn't going to prevent anything... =\

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

OK,who do you think you are punishing by not patronizing a business? Do you think that the decision to post the sign was put to a vote with the employees? It was one,or maybe a few on a board,that made that decision.So let's be sure and punish the other 99% of the company who probably don't agree with the policy in the first place.They are just trying to do their jobs and feed their families.I'm not boycotting anybody.I will,however,ignore their silly signs "suggesting" I disarm myself before entering their establishment.If I'm careless enough to get caught,they can ask me to leave and I will and will probably not come back.In 22 years of carrying,that has not happened.Gun buster signs in a non-SDA prohibited area = a lot of nothing.It's like not wearing a shirt or shoes.LOL

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK,who do you think you are punishing by not patronizing a business? Do you think that the decision to post the sign was put to a vote with the employees? It was one,or maybe a few on a board,that made that decision.So let's be sure and punish the other 99% of the company who probably don't agree with the policy in the first place.They are just trying to do their jobs and feed their families.I'm not boycotting anybody.I will,however,ignore their silly signs "suggesting" I disarm myself before entering their establishment.If I'm careless enough to get caught,they can ask me to leave and I will and will probably not come back.In 22 years of carrying,that has not happened.Gun buster signs in a non-SDA prohibited area = a lot of nothing.It's like not wearing a shirt or shoes.LOL

Am I forcing them to work there? Why would I endanger myself or my family by walking into a "GUN-FREE" business? Easy target for criminals, and I personally will not support them. Sorry, just how it is for me & mine.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

VERY well put and exactly what I have been wanting to say after reading through this thread.

Boycotting will do nothing (except for you personally). Mainly because the business doesn't know they are being boycotted

Latest posts

Top Bottom