Only in New York..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday, in the neighborhood behind me, I saw 3 teenagers walking down the road carrying Airsoft AR's, all with orange tips. I'm guessing they were coming out of the trees and creek around there, which would be a great place to play, and they were all wearing safety goggles. It did make me uncomfortable, not because they were carrying rifles, but because all it takes is one person to flip out and ruin these kid's game.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was more shocked that UPI was still in business than the morons in NYC doing a $30K fine for six orange tipped toy guns in a dollar store. How sad is that? :(

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, in the neighborhood behind me, I saw 3 teenagers walking down the road carrying Airsoft AR's, all with orange tips. I'm guessing they were coming out of the trees and creek around there, which would be a great place to play, and they were all wearing safety goggles. It did make me uncomfortable, not because they were carrying rifles, but because all it takes is one person to flip out and ruin these kid's game.

We used to do this when i was in my young teens and airsoft was really starting to take off. It may sound silly but i can almost guarantee that this helped really get me accustomed to firearms and their mechanics and also made be a good shot.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"Realistic-looking imitation guns are illegal and dangerous, and just last week, a 15-year-old in Texas was killed while holding one of these guns," she said.

... my question.

and what was he doing with the toy when he was shot?

i mean, if the kid was holding someone up with it, or breaking into someones house, pointing it at a cop.... i cant say it would be the fault of the fake gun, nor the person that shot the kid.

i mean if a city wants to ban sale of something, thats up to the city and its occupants, none of my concern. but i think the article should be a little more specific as to just how and why a kid was shot because he had one of the "Dangerous" fake guns... i mean... even in school, if they are going to tell me the speed of light exist, they have to tell me how fast it is....

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is even dumber because they were "sheriff sets". I'm assuming they came with little plastic badges and stuff. Maybe we should arrest the kids using them for impersonating officers...

Latest posts

Top Bottom