Only in New York..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Realistic-looking imitation guns are illegal and dangerous, and just last week, a 15-year-old in Texas was killed while holding one of these guns," she said.

... my question.

and what was he doing with the toy when he was shot?

i mean, if the kid was holding someone up with it, or breaking into someones house, pointing it at a cop.... i cant say it would be the fault of the fake gun, nor the person that shot the kid.

i mean if a city wants to ban sale of something, thats up to the city and its occupants, none of my concern. but i think the article should be a little more specific as to just how and why a kid was shot because he had one of the "Dangerous" fake guns... i mean... even in school, if they are going to tell me the speed of light exist, they have to tell me how fast it is....

Now you're just being silly. Everyone knows that if they stated the circumstances, their agenda would likely be exposed. Can't have that now can we?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is even dumber because they were "sheriff sets". I'm assuming they came with little plastic badges and stuff. Maybe we should arrest the kids using them for impersonating officers...
They have a plastic night stick. Have you ever seen a person hit with one of those toy plastic night sticks? I have! It can leave a red mark on your skin.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many flaky "man with a gun" panic calls have we read about which caused school lockdowns? Even in a state like Oklahoma, the level of gun phobia is absurd.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridiculous. This country has gone straight to hell. When I was a kid, all the toy guns look real, no little orange barrel plugs. When that started, I was a teenager, it pissed me off, it didn't look real! Of course, I knew better than to point it at somebody who would be dumb enough to shoot me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
... my question.

and what was he doing with the toy when he was shot?

i mean, if the kid was holding someone up with it, or breaking into someones house, pointing it at a cop.... i cant say it would be the fault of the fake gun, nor the person that shot the kid.
Here's 15-year-old Jaime Gonzalez, shot by police recently after brandishing a pellet gun in a school hallway during classes, reportedly claiming he was "willing to die". Motives unclear.
Another article says "The weapon in the Texas case was a Umarex SA177, was a .177-caliber, carbon dioxide-powered gun that shoots steel BBs and that has a metal slide with a plastic frame. “When I looked at that gun, there is no doubt that looking at it from a distance it’s absolutely real,” said Carl Montoya, the superintendent of the Brownsville Independent School District and a reserve constable in the city."

So it seems the one in Texas wasn't a plain plastic toy gun with an orange tip, the one the fine is over in the OP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom