Open carry killed with own gun killer gets 40 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I suspect that not all weapon snatches from open carry involve only one person. A better way to do it would be with two; one to distract, and the other to grab.

bobbydank

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. One trial, sentence passed, execution immediately after verdict released. No appeal in this case, its cut and dried. Should be like the fast lane at Wal-Mart. Let's call it accelerated justice. This is what we should be moving to.

This right here. Cold blooded. Multiple witnesses. Why's it a problem to just put him down? And do it tomorrow.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gee, isn't it nice to have the legal option to open carry, just like a real grown up adult person and everything.

It'd be better just to exercise that concealed carry option instead of feeling the need to walk around and inflate the old ego. Yep, that's what a grown up would do. Just conceal it and go on about life.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's unfortunate; but sometimes these things happen. I'm sure there have been police officers and ccw permit holder that have been killed with their own weapon.

I lived in Arizona for a few years, open carry wasn't a big problem when I lived there. I wouldn't open carry without some retention though.

40 years is a joke for the crime of murder.

I'd really like to see some statistics on the number of folks that were concealed carrying and killed with their own firearm. Otherwise, the premise that a weapon that is openly displayed is what leads to "weapon snatching," whether it be of a civilian or a law enforcement officer, is still true in that if the weapons had been concealed, they may have never happened.

Now, that said, there is no way I would want our police officers, who may need to react as quickly as possible, to be hampered by having to have their firearms concealed. I have no idea how many hours they undergo in firearm retention training, but it would never hurt to have more. Didn't Badge Bunny say one time that GC wanted her to attempt to take his weapon without warning, just so he could have more training? If so, well done, GlockCop.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd be better just to exercise that concealed carry option instead of feeling the need to walk around and inflate the old ego. Yep, that's what a grown up would do. Just conceal it and go on about life.

That's a bullsh*t response. Grown ups shouldn't feel the need to exercise their rights. Grown ups don't ridicule men who have the balls to exercise their rights either.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow... that's pretty chickens**t right there. Good job, dude. Strong work.

That's a bullsh*t response. Grown ups shouldn't feel the need to exercise their rights. Grown ups don't ridicule men who have the balls to exercise their rights either.

Indeed. Just one more example of how the anti-OC crowd really isn't too different from the anti-gun crowd if you don't agree with them 100%. Pathetic, really. Preach retention and responsibility if you like... but simply being insulting and derogatory to an entire class of people about whom you know next to nothing is a sure way to simply make yourself look like an @$$.

Oddly enough there are no pictures of Toby Smith Jr, wonder if he's black, I never heard anything from the civil rights leaders on this murder.
Didn't cross my mind 'till you mentioned it. No bearing on the case, IMO. Or shouldn't have.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow... that's pretty chickens**t right there. Good job, dude. Strong work.

Indeed. Just one more example of how the anti-OC crowd really isn't too different from the anti-gun crowd if you don't agree with them 100%. Pathetic, really. Preach retention and responsibility if you like... but simply being insulting and derogatory to an entire class of people about whom you know next to nothing is a sure way to simply make yourself look like an @$$.

Didn't cross my mind 'till you mentioned it. No bearing on the case, IMO. Or shouldn't have.

Not afraid to express my opinion on the matter regardless of what others think. And there are others that think the same way. I have nothing against allowing Open Carry when it's needed. Just the way that the small ego people choose to use such a law. That's all people are doing when they think they need to open carry just to go to Braums to get a banana split or Home Depot for drywall screws. They just wanna walk around silently saying LOOK AT ME!!!

I ain't gonna sugar coat it and try to make ya feel better. It is what it is.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not afraid to express my opinion on the matter regardless of what others think. And there are others that think the same way. I have nothing against allowing Open Carry when it's needed. Just the way that the small ego people choose to use such a law. That's all people are doing when they think they need to open carry just to go to Braums to get a banana split or Home Depot for drywall screws. They just wanna walk around silently saying LOOK AT ME!!!

I ain't gonna sugar coat it and try to make ya feel better. It is what it is.

I feel dumber for having read your opinion. Open carry is acceptable anytime or place that it's legal, whether you approve or not. I'm pretty sure your online persona is just a way of making people say "LOOK AT YUKONJACK, HE'S SUPER MACHO AND IS ALL KNOWING", but the message you're really sending is "YUKONJACK IS A DIPSH*T".

I'm not going to sugar coat it and try to make ya feel better. It is what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom