Opening ML Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Darn! Looks like it is going to be windy this weekend. I have one stand set up on the northside of a cliff. The deer like to hang out there when it's windy like that. The little bit of wind that does come over the hill swirls alot. I guess I better make some more homemade scent killer, because I'm going to need it!

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if its as windy as they say, it going to make for some good still hunting. That is my favorite thing.......I just have to dig out my loin cloth and I'll be set.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pay attention to the wind. If its blowing all night, and expected to blow all of the following day, I'll sleep in and get to the stand around 9am or so.
Had fair success taking them on windy days between 1100hrs and 1400hrs when they need to get up and stretch, get some food, or a drink.
During rut, disregard the wind.
Stay in the stand all day.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you stillhunt the wind covers some of your noise and helps to mask some of your movement when you move slowly. Plus it keeps you cool so you don't overheat. I hate being in a tree when it is windy.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blah. 18 mph on Sat. At least the direction is right for my spot. Sunday looks good but the wind is 100% wrong for me. Monday's going to be nice though. That could change by the weekend though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom