Opening weekend deer pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I'd show some of the deer I viewed this weekend. Did not see one I wanted to shoot, but saw lots of others. Missed an opportunity to take a pic of a really heavy beamed eight point, but just couldn't get to the camera quick enough. Hope everyone had a great hunt this weekend, it was windy, but mild.

This is a view from the gun port on the stand overlooking the pea field.

[Broken External Image]

Unwelcome guests:

[Broken External Image]

A pretty nice six point:

[Broken External Image]

Small four point:

[Broken External Image]

A really odd looking character:

[Broken External Image]

This small six point laid in this spot for about 45 minutes:

[Broken External Image]

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are cool pics Stew. That is a very pretty 6 pt. If he gets bigger, he will be worth shooting next year. I had a buddy kill a very big 7 pt several years ago that netted 133". That is subtracting the 7th pt. He was 24" outside and had tremendous mass. That one in your pic may beat him next year. Hope the big one comes around for you.

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stewball, I see you are hunting over a great looking food plot. It appears that deer are coming onto your food plot in the daytime. Are you seeing many? What time of day are they coming in? I have a food plot similar to yours in Creek county and like yours I also have a hunting house on it. I have not been there lately but this year the deer seem to be leaving my food plots mostly alone. I am going out tomorrow but was planning to hunt in the woods. Maybe I should hunt the food plot? What do you think?

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I'd show some of the deer I viewed this weekend. Did not see one I wanted to shoot, but saw lots of others. Missed an opportunity to take a pic of a really heavy beamed eight point, but just couldn't get to the camera quick enough. Hope everyone had a great hunt this weekend, it was windy, but mild.

[Broken External Image]

Unwelcome guests:

[Broken External Image]

Why are they UNWANTED guest........still great to look at. Great pics of the deer too:Heya:

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

Unwelcome guests:

[Broken External Image]

Why are they UNWANTED guest........still great to look at. Great pics of the deer too:Heya:

Way too many sharp eyes to give away your position. They all walk by this way every evening.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stewball, I see you are hunting over a great looking food plot. It appears that deer are coming onto your food plot in the daytime. Are you seeing many? What time of day are they coming in? I have a food plot similar to yours in Creek county and like yours I also have a hunting house on it. I have not been there lately but this year the deer seem to be leaving my food plots mostly alone. I am going out tomorrow but was planning to hunt in the woods. Maybe I should hunt the food plot? What do you think?

We've seen as many as thirty deer on this plot, many more in the evening than in the morning. The bigger six point I saw at 2:30 in the afternoon, he left about 2:45 and returned about 4:30 or so. They just seem to filter in and out. The big eight point I also saw about 2:30pm. I wish I had the stamina to stay on the stand all day, from daylight to dark. I'll bet a person would have some luck doing that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom