Opinions on Sig 1911 or GSG 1911 .22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these?

If I understand correctly the Sig and
GSG are made by the same manufacturer.

I would be interested in how you like them and how they have been holding up.

Thanks!

ocphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a GSG 1911 .22. Between me and dad, we have shot about 5K rounds through it. I have 4 magazines and I have ran it pretty rough at times, but it has held up well. I ran it til it got to dirty to cycle once, cleaned it and went on. I have been very happy with it.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had a Sig 1911 for several years. It shoots great and I love it. Shot IPSC with it for a few years and I've never had a single issue with it.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same guns, I had the gsg. I ran mine suppressed for about 5k rounds with no problems. normal finish wear and the finish isnt the best on either pistol, but for a plinker its awesome. If you want accurate and dependable buy a ruger 22/45 if you want a cool 1911 22 then get the gsg and not the sig and save yourself some money.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the sig and I like it a lot. It hated the first 500 rounds of winchester white box. But I think that's because of the ammo, not the gun. It has fed federals just fine. I got mine at Sooner State Pawn. Really good prices, and if you get the ATI GSG from their online offering, it's about the same price as it is for the Sig, in their store. Also the Sig has nicer grips which upsets the costs you save with the ATI. Unless you want to change the grips anyways. Also I suggest removing the mag safety. It's such a pain.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my GSG. Put almost 400 rounds through it already (I've barely hadit a week). Shoots good. The finish leaves something to desired tho. Already has a worn spot towards the tip of the barrel

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can some people that have posted in this thread post what ammo they've used? Also how long have you gone without cleaning it before it starts really messing up? Also what kinda lube do you run, where you apply it, and do you run it more dry or wet? Thanks, I love the gun but would love it even more if i could get it to feed federals reliably.

Latest posts

Top Bottom