Cheap handguns that have proven to be reliable for you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering which guns you own that are inexpensive but have proven to be reliable. I understand that inexpensive or cheap is subjective, so I like to think more in terms of compared to other pistols in it's class. I have a Remington R1 1911 that I think I paid around $600 new a few years back that I can't remember having a single malfunction with. I compare that to a Sig 1911 I got for around $900 around the same time that I couldn't make it through a single mag without a malfunction.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I "inherited" a Hi Point C9 when I got married. It was a gun my wife's dad gave her before he passed. She said it didn't work. I looked it over and found the magazine follower was installed incorrectly. Fixed that and the gun works perfectly. She's happy, too, that dad's gun still works.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old XD45 had maybe 1000 rounds through it and never failed me, my XDS 9mm had three times that and never had a failure, aside from Hornady critical defense bullets getting caught on the loading ramp. Never really went down the cheap cheap road though, most of my stuff is not expensive, but reliable. Glocks, HKs, springfields, ruger and smith revolvers. Now I’m just down to glocks and ruger/smith revolvers. I’m sure nobody is gonna be surprised when I say my $400 Glock is reliable. Lol

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tauras Judge little over $400.00 3 inch & 45 Colt never failed.

Attachments

• IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You rich guys.
My expensive hand gun was 600. And I had to fix the pinched barrel issue thanks S&W. And I have never had that much in any rifle either.
I about croaked but it was a decent deal but way far from being labeled as cheap in my book.

For cheap and reliable. I bought a new Hipoint 45acp $189 then taxes added in.
Zero issues for thousands of rounds fired.
Liked it so much I got another one but this time a used one.
Zero issues with that.
I kept up the trend and got a 40 in the same brand and then another 45 and a 9.

None of them were more than 150 and every one of them have been 100% reliable and accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom