Opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Son shot a buck this evening with a xbow at 20 yrds broadside. Bucks reaction took off running like house on fire for 300 yrds then stopped and stood for five minutes. He then slowly jumped fence and walked into timber. As the buck was standing there my son could see a quarter of the arrow sticking out behind the front shoulder half the body. He waited 30 mins and went to the spot the deer was standing and crossed the fence. He found no blood not even a trace. He could see where the buck jumped the fence but no blood. So he backed out. I am thinking since the buck was able to run 300 yrds & stand for five minutes jumped a fence being hit in the right place. I am thinking his broadhead didn't open. If it didn't open I think it still should be a dead buck. Thoughts and opinions appreciated. Do yall think laying overnight is long enough for him to die.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
20170928_121946.jpg
This is the buck he shot

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was behind the front shoulder half-way up the body, he should have gotten a lung. Bleeding is probably all internal, and you might never see a drop of blood until you find him laying somewhere. I would say he's gonna' die, but he might go a long ways first. Yep, check water nearby. I, also, have never used mechanicals and I guess I never will!

Latest posts

Top Bottom