Optics for these 10/22s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the good companies make scopes specifically set up for .22LR ranges. Nikon even makes one with a .22 LR calibrated Bullet Drop Compensator.

Yet many people apparently never heard of parallax settings, and buy scopes set up for long-range shooting with a centerfire rifle. Such scopes set for 100+ yd parallax cause misses at the typical .22LR ranges (under 50yds) because the crosshairs move on the target when you move your head.

Unless you plan to do your .22LR shooting mostly beyond 100 yds, I'd get a quality scope specifically marked for .22LR shooting, which typically has the parallax set for 50yds.

Thanks, this is why I'm asking questions about a topic I don't know much about. I nearly ordered the Nikon 4x32 today (read some reviews praising it). Nikon offering $50 rebate right now which puts this scope at about $60. Another option for more than $100 more is the P22. For the Takedown I do not plan on long range shooting and would like to keep it light as I can. The 10/22 I'm upgrading will be for longer range shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom