Ore. shooter bought 6 boxes of ammo before attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ammo just got a mention in the story, no big deal. I thought it was interesting a bystander with a firearm was there and said he had a clear shot at the shooter but was afraid to take the shot.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[...Nicolas A. Meli, a bystander armed with a handgun.

Meli told police after the shooting that he had a clear shot at Roberts, but was afraid he would miss and shoot someone else.

"I didn't want to draw attention to myself because if I was to miss ... I didn't want stray (bullets) to go into where (bystanders) were," Meli told police in an interview later...]

Since he had personal doubts I think he made a responsible decision to hold his fire.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Meli told police after the shooting that he had a clear shot at Roberts, but was afraid he would miss and shoot someone else.

"I didn't want to draw attention to myself because if I was to miss ... I didn't want stray (bullets) to go into where (bystanders) were," Meli told police in an interview later...]

Since he had personal doubts I think he made a responsible decision to hold his fire.

Pretty hard to 2nd guess the man who was making the call "in the moment".

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he had a clear shot what was he afraid of?

Hitting other people.

Pretty hard to 2nd guess the man who was making the call "in the moment".

Some people hit the gas at go time, others just freeze up and worry about everything that could go wrong. The gun is a mythical shield and people often believe that just because they have a permit and carry one that they are prepared. Realistically more people have a permit and carry a gun that have zero training than those who do. To apply a little personal experience I believe it's like a bar fight, everyone in the world says they've got your back, in reality it winds up being just you tossing some gorilla twice your size because people talk much tougher than they are.

You never rise to the occasion you fall the lowest level of your training.

Don't know what I'd do, never been that far down the road. Am I willing to take on an active shooter that is not zeroed in on me. I think so but then again I might just stand there in a puddle of urine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom