Out of the way 'ranges' near Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one public range at wagoner
Here Oklahoma Citizens own the land (private property)
versus out west where the BLM controls everything and you can trespass without much problem.

I'm not sure where out west that would be. BLM land is pretty tightly controlled. Shooting in the wrong place warrants a visit from at least the Fish & Game People and a lot of times the county sheriff. Most of the land around Clinton is private. BLM does have some around Foss lake and other places, but I wouldn't come out here expecting to run wild and free. It is hard to find places here to shoot also. There is a range at Weatherford, but it is small and fills up pretty fast. Not to mention the jerks that string their stuff out and take up 1/2 the range for 2 shooters.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people would clean up their mess more places might allow it. We have a hard enough time getting people to put their paper targets and ammo boxes in trash cans 10 feet away!

I never understood how people could do this. I was at the range on Sunday and I dropped an empty ammo box, and halfway home I realized that I forgot to pick it up. I've felt guilty for the past two days. I can't imagine doing it consciously.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure where out west that would be. BLM land is pretty tightly controlled. Shooting in the wrong place warrants a visit from at least the Fish & Game People and a lot of times the county sheriff. Most of the land around Clinton is private. BLM does have some around Foss lake and other places, but I wouldn't come out here expecting to run wild and free. It is hard to find places here to shoot also. There is a range at Weatherford, but it is small and fills up pretty fast. Not to mention the jerks that string their stuff out and take up 1/2 the range for 2 shooters.

Go west young man! webmogul said he was in Las Vegas.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sand Springs Sportsman Club is a private range. Membership is unfortunately already closed for this year. nice folks, nice facility and cheap dues.. means slots fills up quick.

don't know of any unofficial ranges ... dues are pretty modest for most ranges.

there is Sand Springs Sportsmans Club just west of Tulsa, also, south of Tulsa is a place called Happy Hollow Gun Range, dont have to join this one, just pay $10 every time you go shooting

Latest posts

Top Bottom