Outfitting a Rem 700 SPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warne is probably the best deal on a base, but I'd spend the extra and get a Badger (with 20MOA) if you planned on reaching out later on down the line to above 500-600yds or more.

Burris XTR rings are a pretty good deal for the money (they're Aluminum). Warne makes good steel rings on a budget. The best are TPS or Badger (Seekins are supposed to be pretty good too).

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i put a bushnell 3200 10x40 on mine, EGW 20 moa mount with warne rings..

i like it, ive shot it out to 500 so far. hoping to crank out a 1000 shot this week if my buddy's get us some range time.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I'd like to spend about as much on the base, rings, scope as I did on the rifle ($500).
Love to shoot it out further but it's getting hard to find a range over 300 yards.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a SWFA Super Sniper 16x42mm scope with TPS 20moa base and rings with Butler Creek flip caps for $483 total. That's what I'm using on my 700 SPS and I highly recommend the setup. I routinely shoot 400 yards with it and couldn't be happier.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I'd like to spend about as much on the base, rings, scope as I did on the rifle ($500).
Love to shoot it out further but it's getting hard to find a range over 300 yards.

That may be tough, but doable. I put a Badger base, around $160, Burris rings around $60, and a Leupold 3x9x50 around $450 on mine. I am not sure on the prices, but those are ballpark. Mine is more accurate than I am, I would not have a problem shooting up to 300 yards, but want some coaching before I go out farther than that. I could use some insight even shooting those distances too.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You can shoot paper informally (i.e., not in a competition setting) at 600 yards at Red Castle, I believe. You have to put up your own targets and frames at that distance, though.

On the same range are the iron silhouettes at distances up to 500 yards (or is it meters? I can never remember...)

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't beat a good steel base and rings. I would go Badger Ordinance on both. Probably looking at $250 of your budget or more there. Then if you want to stay pretty cheap and still get decent quality, look at the SWFA Super Sniper scope. You can get the 16x42 fixed power for $300. That scope will do. It won't impress, but it will work. Plus when you upgrade the scope later, you'll still have an awesome base and rings. The Warne steel base is also good. The Super Sniper with the BO base and rings will put you around $600. That would probably suit you very well. I really like the fixed power scopes. You get better glass for the same money as the variables in that price range. Plus, I never take my NF off of 22x anyway. I've only shot it at 300, 550, 600, 850 and 1250 yards though never shorter than that. They also make a 10x42 SS, but I'd go for the 16x if it were me.

I appreciate you asking me for my opinion. That's what I would do though.

$300 - 16x42 Super Sniper
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-16x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P501.aspx

$150 - Badger Ordinance 20MOA Base
http://swfa.com/Badger-Ordnance-Maximized-Scope-1-Piece-Rail-P210.aspx

$165 - Badger Ordinance 30mm Std Height Rings
http://swfa.com/Badger-Ordnance-Maximized-Scope-30mm-Rings-P212.aspx

$95 - Warne 20MOA Base
http://swfa.com/Warne-Tactical-1-Piece-Base-P10091.aspx

Latest posts

Top Bottom