OWB Revolver Holster Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a holster for my new GP100 and I thought I wanted FBI cant just like my IWB holster for my 1911. Now that I'm thinking about it I might want to change my order to a straight cant instead. What would you wheel gunners recommend?

It is still going to be for CCW though too.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never liked that stupid FBI cant. It does help to conceal it with the proper attire, but when it comes to drawing the weapon, straight up and out for me.

That's why I custom order my leather from Ray Cory at www.lobogunleather.com nowadays. He builds my leather EXACTLY as I want it. I like my revolver OWB holsters straight up and lowered a little so that the trigger guard is almost parallel with the belt. With my girth, it aids in the dreaded "tip out" of the weapons grip.

Sure, there are other makers out there who's stuff may LOOK better, but frankly, it doesn't PERFORM any better and Ray is about half the price in half the time. I can place an order with him and have my rig in just a few weeks - not months! :pissed:

My last order - a pancake with a thumb break, suede lined, for my 3 inch K frame model 13-3 and a matching 8 round speed strip pouch. Both together was $89 SHIPPED! :D It was ordered on August 18th. And we're talking a money order sent via "snail mail" too! He sent me an email last night telling me that it's shipping out today! :woohoo1:

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the FBI cant on my 1911 IWB. I wear the gun at about 4:30 and the cant works great with my draw. I looked at his stuff before I decided to oder from 5shot again, but he indicated he only did the sp-101 from ruger on his website. I need a GP100 holster.

I'll be interested to see your holster and strip pouch GED.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the FBI cant on my 1911 IWB. I wear the gun at about 4:30 and the cant works great with my draw. I looked at his stuff before I decided to oder from 5shot again, but he indicated he only did the sp-101 from ruger on his website. I need a GP100 holster.

I'll be interested to see your holster and strip pouch GED.

If only I owned a camera! :cry3:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to see it in person!

If you wanna make a road trip, I'll let ya know when they get here! :D

I'm at the same place everyday.

Usually...unless I'm somewhere else! :rolleyes2

If the OSA meet/greet/eat swap and shoot happens on the 10th, I SHOULD be there. And yes, I will be wearing that rig.

If it gets voted on the 24th, sadly I won't be. :cry3:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
GED, the 10th is the day. You'll be bringing the 13 to give... er, show me, right?

Dustin, all my revolver holsters are vertical, but i'd like to try an FBI cant some time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom