P-64 Radom 9x18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey just got one of these off of aimsurplus. Didn't know if I would like it or not. Took it to the range today. Really nice shooting handgun. Price is not bad either.

p-64.jpg

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are great CCWs. They hold 2 less rounds that a true Makarov, but the tradeoff is they are slimmer and they slip in a IWB holster real nicey.

The fixed barrel really helps with accuracy. With practice you should be able to put all 6 in a pie plate in about 2 seconds.

Jpt

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are great CCWs. They hold 2 less rounds that a true Makarov, but the tradeoff is they are slimmer and they slip in a IWB holster real nicey.

The fixed barrel really helps with accuracy. With practice you should be able to put all 6 in a pie plate in about 2 seconds.

Jpt

I agree with you. I went to the range yesterday and it shot great. Fits into my pocket or iwb. I really like it.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there may be some good info on the makarov.com website. They are out of the retail business, but have left the site up. While they are primarily about the PM in all its forms, they have good stuff about other 9x18 guns too.

There is some help available for the incredibly hard DA trigger. I think Wolff (?) springs are available that will improve this, and seem to recall that you can reduce the strength of a coil spring to get it well below the twenty six pound pull (no kidding) that it normally starts with. SA trigger is very nice as is.

These are all steel, smaller than the Makarov, and make a pretty good carry piece, though they are too heavy for a pocket gun. You need a holster. CB

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there may be some good info on the makarov.com website. They are out of the retail business, but have left the site up. While they are primarily about the PM in all its forms, they have good stuff about other 9x18 guns too.

There is some help available for the incredibly hard DA trigger. I think Wolff (?) springs are available that will improve this, and seem to recall that you can reduce the strength of a coil spring to get it well below the twenty six pound pull (no kidding) that it normally starts with. SA trigger is very nice as is.

These are all steel, smaller than the Makarov, and make a pretty good carry piece, though they are too heavy for a pocket gun. You need a holster. CB

I'm with you. Really nice little handgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom