Pain tolerance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I was running a gas weed trimmer on a friends 40 acres clearing 6 foot tall weeds from around his pond and fence lines and trees.
I had a little left of a fence line and I was covered in debris. Some of it would poke me through my long sleeve shirt.
I had 1 brutal sticker in my arm but I wanted to finish that section and then stop and pull it out.

10 seconds later........... WTF man that hurts.
10 more seconds pass and I think crap I need to get that out why does it hurt so much.
Buck up sissy pants just a little more and I will be done in this spot.
10 more seconds pass and I thought not happening I need to get this sticker out.

I set the weed trimmer down and turn my arm to see that sticker and pull it out.

HORSEFLY!
A big one had me through my shirt, it got killed on the spot.

Wow I have never let one continue to bite on me.
I have a little bump on my arm this morning :)

HA HA was not a sticker. That would explain my pain :)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah those guys can and will let you have it! Lol I got a shirtful of bees one time. I don't think those cowboys I was working with had EVER seen a girl shuck her clothes so fast in their lives. I gotta admit I don't know that I've ever shucked a shirt that fast! Ugh ... Thank God for ice chests full of Coors and melted ice -- and a bunch of buddies who were willing to put ice where I couldn't reach! 😂😂😂

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea you would think I could stop.
I was removing rivets in an upper ball joint on a Pinto the kind you cut or chisel out.
That time in my life I did not have cutting tools that could get in there but I had a hammer and chisel.

My 5 year old son was sitting beside me watching and I missed and splattered my thumb nail open with the hammer.
Blood was pouring out .
I looked at it and grabbed the chisel and kept pounding on that rivet.

My son said aren't you going to stop and fix that blood.
Nope I am almost done and it needs to bleed out.
That video makes me hurt watching it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son said aren't you going to stop and fix that blood.
If I'm bleeding like that, I'll stop long enough to get it under control. A couple of months ago, I was changing my oil in my dad's shop when I dragged my arm across a piece of Formica that was sticking out from a shelf. I didn't think much of it until I felt something wet running down my arm, then I looked and saw all the blood. I grabbed a lint-free cloth wipe and some pink duck tape (it makes great flags for marking 14" oak saplings surrounded by Midland-99 and Johnson grass) to keep it in place, then I got back to work.

I don't care about the bleeding itself, but blood is highly corrosive to iron and steel, and I'd rather not have to come back and fix that later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom