Parkland shooter trial: Defense suddenly rests case, leading to shouting match with judge in courtroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was my first thought. That or a sympathetic jury or mistrial.

I believe it was a bench trial and he’d pled guilty already? No jury.

My mistake, it was a jury trial. I read somewhere it wasn’t, but it appears to have been an erroneous report. The jury wasn’t in the room at the time, though.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He already plead guilty, this part was to see if he got life in prison or the death penalty.

"Cruz, 23, pleaded guilty last October to murdering 14 students and three staff members on Feb. 14, 2018, at Parkland's Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. His trial, now ending its second month, is only to determine whether he is sentenced to death or life without parole." (SEPTEMBER 14, 2022 / 12:08 PM / CBS/AP)
Defense lawyers in Parkland school shooting trial unexpectedly rest their case, sparking heated exchange with judge

Personally, I feel like they need to fry his sorry butt, no salt water sponge, just extra crispy.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I think that WAS the shouting match.. Probably not as emotional as expected, and maybe not accurately characterized as a "shouting match"... but I think that's what the video is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom