Pause to Remember

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today marks yet another anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing. At 9:02 AM, the names of the 168 people who died will be read at a ceremony at the OKC National Memorial. Please try to take a moment and offer up your thoughts and prayers for the victims, those who suffered wounds, the survivors and their families.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That has been weighing heavily on my mind this morning. If I may add, please remember the first responders also that have the courage to run into danger when most people's basic instinct is to run away.
I saw in news 9 this morning a retired firefighter who worked the bombing for 19 days straight is in need of a heart transplant. Please pray for this man if you do that sort of thing. He seemed like a really caring fella.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they ever find the name of the person that lost a leg? There were 168 people killed and 1 leg.

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/08/08/us/unidentified-leg-found-in-bomb-rubble.html

A new mystery surfaced in the Oklahoma
City bombing today, just days before formal
charges were to be lodged, when the State
Medical Examiner disclosed that a severed
leg and foot clad in a combat boot had been
found deep in the rubble.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This event has impacted so many lives. Most of us have memories of that day and where we were. I appreciate the memorial museum and the visitors that come, and I think it is very special that the Thunder bring every new player there during their first week on the team. That block is truly sacred, but the men and women who gave so much of themselves that day helping in so many ways must also always be remembered. There are many of the still today dealing with the sights, sounds and smells of that day. I have great respect for all our First Responders.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That has been weighing heavily on my mind this morning. If I may add, please remember the first responders also that have the courage to run into danger when most people's basic instinct is to run away.

Thanks Rocky. Those fine people certainly have earned my respects as well. Good on you for thinking to specifically add them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom