Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you been watching me?

Maybe

1.bp.blogspot.com__3p1AI_wF__0_STsGymZdTbI_AAAAAAAAAMg_WekIMCB6b1b22a3634683e446f48427f5624dc0.jpg

What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs....

Anybody know how many slots are left?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just read through the gunrun website and my adrenaline is pumping! I think that means that I have to sign up.

Question about the Garand challenge. A scoped Garand will be treated as an equal to the standard issue (non scoped) Garand?
Sorry if this was asked before, I did not read through all posts.

One more question. In the Winter 2014 results spread sheet, what Stage was the 500yrd shoot (was there one)? (Yes, I'm scoping out the competition :mean: and assessing whether a DQ in one stage will allow for a reasonable finish, given decent performance at other stages)

Last edited:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know for certain about the Garand question, but I am betting it is irons only. Probably with blood and dirt rubbed into the peep sight if I know TK and Daniel. the 500 yard stage was stage 3 in the last two Pawnee run n guns.

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
HuntersWorld,
I have to confess, I gave up on the 500yd target last July after slinging lead around diverse portions of the countryside and concluding that the chances of my hitting the target were slim to none (couldn't tell where I was missing). I still ended up in the middle of the pack, and I'm by no means a fast runner, nor a top level shooter.

The competition is yourself, anyway. How much can you push yourself and still get your hits? How much can you push yourself in training between now and 1/17/14, to get yourself in better shape? Can you run faster, shoot straighter, and ignore more distractions than you could last year? You get the idea...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know for certain about the Garand question, but I am betting it is irons only. Probably with blood and dirt rubbed into the peep sight if I know TK and Daniel. the 500 yard stage was stage 3 in the last two Pawnee run n guns.

Scopes? Really? Not unless it's an as-issued legit, guvmint issued job.

The 500 yd line will be in the same place as last time, it will be the third stage for the 10kers, second stage for the 5kers.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks TK. I didn't think that it would be allowed to be honest, and I don't have a scope on mine.

frayluisfan-- Thanks for sharing your experience. I think that the 500yrd test will kick my butt, and i probably won't land a hit, but who knows. I am relieved to see that a DQ at one stage does not seal your fate. I can't help being a little competitive, but I certainly am there to have fun. My wife thinks I'm crazy for thinking this would be fun.

Ill be using a M1 Garand and a G20 gen4.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait Ted... so you mean you aren't cool with me running my M1 with scout mount, co-witnessed Aimpoint, green laser, angled fore grip, and carbon fiber stock, with little skulls on it? You actually want me to use those little holey-postey things to aim?

Latest posts

Top Bottom