Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, you'll see it all. I ran the first one in some Merrell mids, and then switched to some Under Armor low cut hikers for the next two. If the weather is nasty I'll switch to my winter weight Danner Ft Lewis boots (the most comfortable, out of the box, duty boots I've ever worn).

I've pretty much decided I'm going to run a Garand. Making some temporary mods to my existing chest rig to accommodate a few clips and I'll stash more in the three day pack I'll be carrying.

Here's hoping for some really nasty weather.

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
To all the noobs and potential noobs: I've only done one of these, the one last July. Due to a calf injury in April, I wasn't able to train as much as I would have liked, and endeed up having to walk about half of the course. But it was still a blast! You shouldn't be scared off because of thinking you're going to be competing against a bunch of Olympic level athletes. Competitors there were just regular guys who love guns and love to push themselves, try new things, and train in ways that are meaningful and novel. Think of it as competing against yourself. How hard can you push yourself? How well can you shoot when you're dog tired? That's when you really see whether your preparation has been realsitic--when you're fighting fatigue and other distractions.

I was nowhere near the top finishers, but I got a lot out of it, learned a lot about myself and my level of preparation (and my gear), and had a fabulous time. I also got to meet a lot of really neat people. It's not just for the super studs and professional shooters. As a 45- year-old who doesn't get to shoot or exercise as much as he should, I can say enhtusiastically--come out and run it!

Mike

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is officially pissed at Daniel and Al. I spent last night tearing apart the garage and closet looking for all my Garand stuff. Found a gold mine of forgotten en blocs, cleaning kits, bolt repair kits, springs etc...and placed an order for some more HXP from CMP today (to replace what I'll be shooting up).

I think the nice Springfield SG I bought from Perplexed earlier this year is going to get the honors.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Yeah, I'm pretty pupmed about the Garand Challenge too. I'm with ya on the weather... I'm hoping for some Battle of the Bulge type conditions.

I just can't get excited about cold weather. I hope it's like springtime in Mexico City.
Gee SMS, I hate to be a cause of marital discord - bring the wife and let her shoot that .223, I'm sure that'll make things better.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Running with Garands in the snow is a cool idea conceptually, but I bet I'll be nut punching myself for wishing for it if it actually happens!

No kidding. Let's forget all that Battle of the Bulge crap.

Think Guadalcanal, or Iwo Jima. At least the weather was warm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom