Paying green for green…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drove through my mom’s neighborhood today on my way to her house, noticed one neighbor had a much greener lawn than anyone else’s yard. Thought for a second that neighbor must really have their yard game on point. NOPE! I noticed the green overspray on the street in front of the house as I drove by. Having a green lawn must really be important for some. I personally love it when the grass takes a break. More time to spend at the reloading bench.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. I had them paint our yard a couple of years and it's about 70-120.00 per spray, with four sprays per year. I'd just as soon eat the grass to the root myself than pay that kinda money for grass paint and weed control. Bought a seed spreader and now i just buy a big bag of the stuff and do it myself in less than 10 minutes. It ain't green paint, but it's green in the spring and fall, and it aint got no weeds. Suck on that, Tru-Green company!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drove through my mom’s neighborhood today on my way to her house, noticed one neighbor had a much greener lawn than anyone else’s yard. Thought for a second that neighbor must really have their yard game on point. NOPE! I noticed the green overspray on the street in front of the house as I drove by. Having a green lawn must really be important for some. I personally love it when the grass takes a break. More time to spend at the reloading bench.
I haven’t seen it during the summer, but there’s a lot of folks around Alva that get their yards painted in the winter and early spring. If it looked the least bit natural, I might kind of see the point, but those in Alva looked horrible.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t seen it during the summer, but there’s a lot of folks around Alva that get their yards painted in the winter and early spring. If it looked the least bit natural, I might kind of see the point, but those in Alva looked horrible.
That’s probably the marker dye in the post-emergent. I think we sprayed Trimec around that time of the year and we added a dye pack to the sprayer, so we knew what areas had been treated.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta swatch of that green grass right over one of my septic lines. That rest is like pork rinds, tan and crunchy.
A393BE76-8E16-450C-BA32-E8A4FD09D968.jpeg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the way dads place is you can let a 2 inch hose run all day and not wet a 2 foot circle, thats at the house now there are places in the pasture springs run nearly year round on top of the ground except when it is dry like now. The state inspector nearly didnt pass dads septic cause it wouldnt hold water in the holes long enough for the perk test for him to see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom