Peacock bass in Brazil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad and I have been talking about maybe going down to the amazon on a peacock bass fish. Have any of you guys gone? It looks like an amazing fish! Let me know if you guys have any experience/opinions.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No sir, I haven't. Had a buddy go one time. Had a blast, except the piranha kept hitting their bait while they were trying to catch the peacocks. He said you had to be very careful when taking them off the hook. lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Company I used to work for sent me to Venezuela for a couple of weeks several years ago. They took me on a peacock bass fishing trip. The fishing was awesome, the tension of having to pay bribes to military groups to get to the fishing areas, was not worth it. I don't like looking down the barrels of locked and loaded auto's.
I saw a fishing show awhile back where they were catching peacock bass in the intercoastal canals of florida. Not real big, but better than the above.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I didn't have to leave the country I would be all over it. I actually use topwater lures made for peacock bass when fishing for big hybrids. Biggest hybrid for me so far is 15 pounds. The big hybrids and peacock bass striking a topwater is really similar, but peacock bass are often closer to 20 pounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom