Pecos, TX Run N Gun 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the official standings won't be out for a little while but did he give out any preliminary results at the banquet? We left early so missed out on the big feed. I'm anxious to hear how everyone fared.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You missed out on some awesome chicken-fried steak.
The only Oklahoma guy to score in the top 25 was Matt - which really says a lot about his shooting.(he had to shoot VERY fast to get that score!) We all ran on Friday (114 degrees), so run scores really sucked for all the ROs.(Saturday runners had 90 and cloudy most of the day) My usual nemesis, Mark, placed 47th, and I got 50th - for reference we are both usually in the top ten or twelve. It was a rough beating this year. Mark and I were both running Garands - he took the best score with Garand, Hensch ran a bolt gun, but our friend Tommy from New Braunfels took the bolt trophy.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, I'm scared to see what place I ended up then ...

I figured there would be guys that smoked the shooting b/c it was pretty straight forward. The run course wasn't bad but granted, the temperature was 90 degrees at 1225 hrs when I started.

Overall, I thought Pawnee was set up a helluva lot harder in all aspects but I'm sure the temperature difference has something to do with that opinion.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On any given day, the two courses would be similar in difficulty. This was a new location for Pecos this time, though, and the shooting wasn't as hard as usual. The recently graded track with loose powdery sand, coupled with the heat, really made it tough Saturday. I'm getting ready for next year!

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I parked next to the Airborne Ranger dude wearing the ranger panties (hard to forget that). I told him about Pawnee and he said he and his 'ol lady wanted to go. They drove 20 hours from TN to Pecos so Pawnee would be a lot closer for them. There was a lot of other guys that had never heard of the OK event but wanted to go. You guys might consider upping the contestant limit b/c I think you're going to get bombarded with entries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom