Personalized license plates denied by OK for 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we have a paid gov employee sitting around sounding out vanity plates for offensive material. Great.
I'm sure you aren't surprised. Any Govt bureaucracy is so wildly overstaffed that the supervisors struggle to find something for the staff to do.

After a few years, they accept the sluggish pace of paper-shuffling (which is the mainstay of govt work) as normal. Then the supervisors start complaining of being understaffed.

None of these govt employees could hold a job in the private sector. None of the private sector supers would stand for it.

And yes, there is an employee - more likely an office full of them - that screen the vanity plate applications.

Great work, if you can get it. Pay isn't great, but early retirement, full insurance, 12 paid holidays plus sick leave and vacations.

No wonder we're all going broke.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's not just government; this glut occurs in the private sector as well.

lets just say a small business i worked for was burning files, of any size, sometimes a SINGLE file, onto a cd and then literally handing it to another co-worker to share files. on networked computers.

i could name tons of things like this i've seen in the private sector. but i don't want to make claims or anything.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still laugh that I got this approved...DRUG MONEY

Viper 138.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we have a paid gov employee sitting around sounding out vanity plates for offensive material. Great.
Yes we do. I actually called the censor before getting my vanity plate to make sure it would pass. First few were already taken but the last was ok so I ran it for many years forgetting to renew it a couple years ago.
American flag background with I-4-USA.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that I agree with REGIS(king)tering your own bought & pd. 4 vehicle-
but, as far as the damn tag goes;
would it kill them to at least let a customer have their own way???
Oh my goodness!
Gracious me.
I think I just answered my own question.
(Bow head, fold hands, return to queue)

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jealous? I sure am!
I wonder what frat house you have to belong to; to get that gig? lol
Maybe there's a way to make up a Pre-Approved List of unissued vanity plates? Sorta like those computer addresses that they sell for extra? That'd be good job-
but you'd still have to work with DMV.
......Nah!
Probably shouldn't give them any more big ideas.
Better just 'stick' to bumper stickers.
More Freedom ;-} there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom