PF9 vs Kahr CW9 vs LC9s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here would be my go to list. Kahr CW9 or CM9, Ruger LC9s or LC9s Pro or Smith Shield. The PF9 doesn't even enter the picture. The Springfield XDS was built as a 45acp and I think that is where it shines. The Walther CCP is larger but the PPS is a great pistol but the price may be to much. As is the Glock 43. I have owned all of these pistols and shot all of them but the CCP. You can get a very good trigger with the Shield and the 43, if you are looking that direction. Now with all this being said, my go to gun is the Glock 43.

Haram

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger fixed the LC9 with the striker Pro version...

Second this. The LC9 was nice but I couldn't buy it with its trigger. That being said I'm currently carrying the LC9s Pro. I've also owned a CM9 in the past and regret getting rid of it. I think you could be very happy with either.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I will say this, the PF-9 of mine was reliable. Some had issues, but mine was great. No problems unless I intentionally limp-wristed it.

No problems ZZ5, I shopped both. I imagine if one gun worked well, the other would too. In fact, I've been considering picking up a CW9 as well. Apparently it is my wife's gun if she is carrying.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've owned, and regret selling, a CW9. I'll probably get another, but not until I can get another CW45. Basically the same size as the CW9, 6+1 of .45ACP, very fast and accurate, accepts 1911 magazine's. Not much more you really need to ask for in a pistol, free night sights would be nice.

Are you sensitive about recoil? Get the CT380, same size as the CW9/CW45/CW40, but shoots .380ACP. Everything great about the Kahr pistols applies to the little CT380.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF you can manage the trigger pull, the CM or CW are typically very accurate. You also need to caliper the mags if they don't drop freely. And replace the sights with something stronger.......

Overall, i'd go SW Shield no safety for 339-359 New............. or wait to snag an XDS. Not impressed with the Rugers but its just an opin.

IF Kahr's next Gen trigger that is out or coming out makes it to the CW line, and is vastly different than their current..... i'd go back in a heartbeat as my incredibly accurate and reliable.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned, and regret selling, a CW9. I'll probably get another, but not until I can get another CW45. Basically the same size as the CW9, 6+1 of .45ACP, very fast and accurate, accepts 1911 magazine's. Not much more you really need to ask for in a pistol, free night sights would be nice.

Are you sensitive about recoil? Get the CT380, same size as the CW9/CW45/CW40, but shoots .380ACP. Everything great about the Kahr pistols applies to the little CT380.

No, not sensitive to recoil. I have had an LCP since they came out. I am going to get rid of the .380. Think the PF 9 is out of the pic.

Nailed it to the Kahr, Shield, or Ruger LC9S . Will look at next gun show.

Again, thanks !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom