Physicians Group Launches Effort to Help Patients Find Pro-Gun Healthcare Providers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...lp-patients-find-pro-gun-healthcare-providers
Physicians Group Launches Effort to Help Patients Find Pro-Gun Healthcare Providers
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2017

The NRA has long warned its members about the medical profession’s institutional bias against guns and their owners. This politically-motivated position – backed by flimsy and often misinterpreted “studies” – has even resulted in patients being denied care for refusing to discuss gun ownership with healthcare providers. This discrimination, in turn, has provoked legislation to prevent doctors from injecting their politics into the exam room.

But after a long-running legal battle in Florida ended recently with the court deferring to the doctors’ wishes to browbeat their gun-owning patients, a group of pro-gun physicians has stepped up to offer a free-market solution for pairing patients with doctors who respect their Second Amendment rights.

Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO) has long sought to counter the prevailing antigun orthodoxy in medicine. This week, the group announced the launch of a new effort, 2Adoc.com, a free service for providers and patients that will allow doctors to voluntarily join a directory of gun friendly service providers in a wide range of medical specialties. Patients can then obtain contact information for these doctors through the service.

According to an article announcing the initiative, “The service will allow patients to find healthcare providers who won’t badger them or penalize them for owning firearms,” while also allowing freedom-loving healers to “add patients to their practice.”

That sounds like a win-win to us, and we commend the good folks at DRGO for this proactive initiative that should also help debunk the idea that “science” has incontrovertibly “proven” that gun ownership is incompatible with a healthy lifestyle.

Providers wishing to add their names to the directory can visit www.2Adoc.com to get further details and complete an online registration form.

© 2017 National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action. This may be reproduced. This may not be reproduced for commercial purposes. 11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030 1-800-392-8683(VOTE)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw the PA at my Dr.'s office today for a routine checkup. First thing she did when she came in was compliment my Glock ID lanyard. Did I mention she's a gorgeous redhead?

Yeah, I have the right medical provider. :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went in for an MRI at a Stillwater clinic that has a big gunbuster sign. Had go in for an MRI and forgot to disarm. When the attendant told me to empty my pockets and take off the belt and put the contents on a shelf, I must have looked real uncomfortable because he commented if you're carrying, don't worry about it. The sign is required by insurance company.
He said I wasn't the first one by a long shot to come in armed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom