Pig Bomb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a heads up to everyone that PIG BOMB, a documentery about the explosion of wild hogs across the U.S. is coming on the Discovery channel at 7 tonight. Pretty sure theres another show about wild hogs after that too.

***EDIT*** PIG Bomb is on from 7-8. Hogs Gone Wild comes on from 9-10.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen it. It's pretty interesting and eye opening.

So, what does wild pig taste like anyway?

I've seen the threads on here and it looks fun and everything but I won't shoot it if I'm not going to eat it.

My uncle has 65 acres in eastern Oklahoma and he says there are pigs there.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen it. It's pretty interesting and eye opening.

So, what does wild pig taste like anyway?

I've seen the threads on here and it looks fun and everything but I won't shoot it if I'm not going to eat it.

My uncle has 65 acres in eastern Oklahoma and he says there are pigs there.

Tastes great unless you've got a large boar then its going to have a "musky" taste. Or at least thats how it seems to me. It's leaner and seems to have more flavor than store bought pork IMO.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tastes like pork used to, when it wasn't fed all the growth hormones.
Like crg1372 said, big boars are best left for the other animals in the woods to dine on.

lightningkylej

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big boars taste decent if you cut the throat and start bleeding as soon as you get to it. Be ready to clean very quickly, under an hour from the time you take the shot to in the coolers on ice is the best. Then after you have it quartered on ice, take a big bottle of lime juice and cover all the meat with it to let it sit for a day or two before finishing and freezing.
You can then marinade the meat in a nice vinegar based brine/jerk a day before cooking. All the gamely taste will be gone.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was a good show, looks like Discovery has gone hog crazy.

I thought I had a great place lined out to hunt hogs, got an e-mail from a horse ranch replying to a craigslist ad but never heard a thing from them after the first e-mail. And it's just a few miles down the highway :disappoin

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was a good show, looks like Discovery has gone hog crazy.

I thought I had a great place lined out to hunt hogs, got an e-mail from a horse ranch replying to a craigslist ad but never heard a thing from them after the first e-mail. And it's just a few miles down the highway :disappoin

This was actually a re-run of Pig Bomb. Segments of the show can be found on Youtube. However Hogs Gone Wild was sort of presented as a series. At least thats the feeling I got anyways.

Sucks to hear about your "almost" hog hunting spot. Don't know where you're at in SE OK, but if you're close to the Red River and theres any sod farms around I'd contact them. The things are running rampant here on the Red (as well as everywhere else in Bryan Co.) and some of the sod farms are letting people thin them out.

lightningkylej

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a place on Bumcomb Creek, any place around there that would be a good place to get a few hogs. Would be nice to get around to some new hog territory while getting in some good fishing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom